Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out riding yesterday for 4-5 hours off& on until I derailed the track so the sled ran at idle for 20 minutes then I shut it off until this afternoon. So as I'm fixing the track I start it up a few times and let it idle for 5 minutes or so each time until I can't start it back up so I swap plugs. I rode it for 5 minutes after fixin the track& swapping plugs until I started to run out of gas so I let it sit for awhile until I get more gas and the most I can get it to do is sputter, I pull the plug out and yep, fouled.

So what do you guys do to keep plugs from fouling out? WHat do you do (if) to clean 'em?

1972 Panther 292

·
Registered
14 Posts
Idling will foul the plugs quickly. You need to get it up to fairly good rpm for awhile before it's shut off, and then it probably won't foul the plugs as quickly. What I do to clean them if they're fairly new is spray them with brake cleaner, and then spray them off with an air hose. If you don't have compressed air, just blow on them and they'll dry quickly.

If they are older and have gunk caked up on them, my brother-in-law has a spark plug cleaner which basically using abrasive blasting to clean them to like new. Then spray them off as before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts