Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to go to kalkaska this weekend anyone know how yhe snow is or have suggestions on where to stay ,ride

·
Registered
5 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hadleycat @ Feb 21 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looking to go to kalkaska this weekend anyone know how yhe snow is or have suggestions on where to stay ,ride[/b]
i wouldnt come up my buddy lives there and he said the trails are turning to dirt fast im out for this weekend

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
give these people a call,...its in mancelona.
they are about a half hour north of Kalkaska.

most of the time the snow conditions are much better .
close to resurants,..and across the road from the trails too.
they can give you a trail report,...and book a room for ya.

Mancelona Motel
231-587-8621

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys booked a room at the mancelona motel for friday and saturday. I've been wanting to get my new f7 out on some trails , so far only put 20 miles on it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice alleycat had a great time in mancelona . trails were good around mancelona put about 80 miles on the f7 ran great. check engine light would blink on hardpack indicating coolant temp. was getting up to 176. but it never stayed on continuous which in the manual it says at that point you must switch to loose terrain to get some snow up on the heat exchanger. Also the right side front float shock is leaking quite a bit of fluid will take that back to dealer this week. I am still pleased with the f7, very fast. Can't decide which machine I like riding better f7 or zr 600. The zr600 feels so stable as if you can goof around on it with out fear of it tipping over on you. the newer machines with their taller riding positions are more comfortable but not as stable in the turns. Well thanks again for the replies!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
your welcome ,
mancelona is a very snowmobiler frendly town.
i see you guys found Larrys,
that place is a major hot spot.
it looked very dead by the pictures.
most of the time is will have close to 100 sleds in the lot.

anyway,..glad you guys had a good time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just made reservations myself for this coming weekend.Hope the snow holds up calling for freezing rain on Thursday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts