Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The difference's from the fire cat chassis are so many and so great you have to ride one to believe it. The steering and handling are like nothing you have ever experienced. I was expecting a better ride and handling but this chassis but not this good this sled blew me away, I made the mistake of letting the Mrs. ride it now I have to get a F6 for her. She rode a crossfire last year and said she perferred her current sled. My wife has a 03 MC 600 EFI and the f1000 uses way less fuel. Now the negatives Hard to pull over a -20, hood alignment leaves a little to be desired, 1" track come on you have got to be kidding me. I also expected more power. the power is good but it sure is not night and day faster than the F7, but after I thought about it how could it be. Certainly has more power and alot more at part throttle.

All in all this sled shocked me on how different it is than a firecat and how much better it is.

[attachment=59590:DSCF0524.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yort @ Jan 4 2007, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The difference's from the fire cat chassis are so many and so great you have to ride one to believe it. The steering and handling are like nothing you have ever experienced. I was expecting a better ride and handling but this chassis blew me away, I made the mistake of letting the Mrs. ride it now I have to get a F6 for her. She rode a crossfire last year and said she perferred her current sled. My wife has a 03 MC 600 EFI and the f1000 uses way less fuel. Now the negatives Hard to pull over a -20, hood alignment leaves a little to be desired, 1" track come on you have got to be kidding me. I also expected more power. the power is good but it sure is not night and day faster than the F7, but after I thought about it how could it be. Certainly has more power and alot more at part throttle.

All in all this sled shocked me on how different it is than a firecat and how much better it is.

[attachment=59590:DSCF0524.JPG][/b]

A X-fire compared to a Mountain Cat??? Not a comparison, the X-fire is leaps and bounds better then any other Cat I've owned, and I've owned a ton of them!!

I can't wait to take the new chassis for a ride though and see how it compares to the X-fire, if it's as much better as the X-fire was over my Firecats I'll be buying!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts