Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any 650V2 owners with dial-a-jet give me pros and cons. Is there a power increase? ect....... Im going to use the step bt step install that is on here already, but i want to know what to expect after its all said and done

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Well, the DAJ isn't necessarily a power booster in and of itself. What it does is act like a jetting device without having to change jets. I had it in my 04 650V2 and loved it. You should only really install it if you are running a tad lean or more (such as due from snorkeling or the like). I increased my air intake to 2" (thus leaning it out) and installed the DAJ and it worked great. I live in MN where the temps go from 90+ to 0 in a year, so the oxygen levels in the air change drastically. That's where having the DAJ really helps as you can change it as needed for optimal combustion.

So, in short, if you want to boost your power, open your air intake to and install the DAJ and it will increase power (more air+more fuel=more power). However, if you don't increase the air intake, you're going to run rich.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree with Sanny651, the daj is a great device once you need to adjust for other mods that make an engine run lean . I had problems with my setup while home on RandR leave but it was due to using cheaper autolite plugs instead of ngk's with the daj, hmf exhaust/ hidden snorkel my plugs were reading very rich and the bike ran like crap. The daj is a great start though and gives you lots of adjustment when you start doing the other (mandatory?) mods. If you want to run just the daj without a free flowing exhaust or snorkels you may find the need to drop the main jet sizes from the factory 122 to like a keihn 117.5 or 120. The whole point for the daj is to correct a lean condition and thus this must be present to see any noticeable benefits. Good luck

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have a K&N filter, and was considering low boy air vents. I also live in minnesota! Were do you live Sanny651? Im in Maple Lake. Well, i will have the dial a jet for when i do some airbox mods anyway. I see you bought Cattermans H1!!! I know him, hes only about 25 minutes from me. I go on the Minnesota get together rides with everyone.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That Catterman is a swell guy!!! :chug: Hehehehehe :D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
V2, if you are putting on the dial-a-jets, you should also snorkle it with 2". :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would adding a couple air box vents do it for me?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I wouldn't modify the airbox other than the inlet duct. The neck on the airbox has a 2" ID, but the duct that attaches to that reduces to 1.5". You won't need to go more than that. Just remove the duct and connect a 2" hose/pvc to it and you're solid.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will i need to glue or cut anything on my box? And i can just use a black 2" PVC elbow or something like that, and it should fit right on it? Sorry for the questions, but im nervous messing with it

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also sanny, being in minnesota, is there a setting on the DAJ that you found to work the best with a 2" snorkel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts