Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 94' Tcat tonight!

Can anybody throw me some quick pointers, hints, and tips about this sled (engine, maintnance, suspension).

I didn't find any golden posts (although i'm searching thundercat and not any shorthands).

Regards, Ken

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well I never owned a 94 tcat or any tcats so not sure much on the pointers of it, but just make sure you keep it all greased and lubed up and If you just bought this I would drain the gas out and put some fresh stuff in there unless you know its been changed recently, not very good to have bad gas in the engine. Also make sure all coolant and oil is filled properly if its on the sled. Grease all fittings as stated and the steering shaft in the hood with some water proof grease.

·
Registered
146 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhiteHawk @ Jan 29 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just bought a 94' Tcat tonight!

Can anybody throw me some quick pointers, hints, and tips about this sled (engine, maintnance, suspension).

I didn't find any golden posts (although i'm searching thundercat and not any shorthands).

Regards, Ken[/b]
Follow all the same stuff as most sleds- The only major diff. is SHOW THE BIG BLOCK RESPECT, if you dont thats one cat motor that has the power to bite ya. Good luck with it and welcome to the joy of big blocks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check out the topics "pinned" to the top of this forum thread. There are some great mods I think will work with your sled. Enjoy the snow for now and work on it this summer. :thumbsup:
Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
well just to give ya a heads up there very fast lol, all t-cat are fast and like maine sled said treat it with respect and if u dont it can leave a pretty bad bite mark lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, just came from a new REV 600, but after the first ride it wasn't quick enough. Like somebody said before, treat it like a gun, always point it in a safe direction before letting loose :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats man! A 98 was my first sled and dam I miss the power sometimes. Just treat it like a loaded gun with the safety off and youll be fine.

Grease, flush coolant, plugs, check compression, check skid, rebuild shocks, check for wear. i will post more as i remember...

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
A pre-caution, on the recoil side of the engine, reach under the water pump and feel all around under the bottom side of the case where the pump housing buts up. The bottom side of #1 in picture there is a small weep hole for the water pump. If you find antifreeze there than don't drive machine at all. This means the seals are leaking on the water pump. If this antifreeze gets into the counter balancer bearings it could be very bad. I check this often. Enjoy this sled. The sound and performance is very addictive. I will never part with my big block triple.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the new TCat! I love my '94. I did change the gauges over to the '95 style. '94 used the 4 inch and '95 used the 5 inch. Find them much easier to see when I going 100mph+.

Top photo is with the '95 gauges. Lower three photos have part numbers and wiring changes needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts