Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is; just installed the side vents and keep on stalling on cutting my floor boards to install the snow eliminators. I have marked out the boards like 2 times now and stop! Has anyone cut theirs out yet?

[attachment=60629:Forum_Pix_009.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tundramonkey @ Jan 14 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice vents!!! Who makes them? Price? If you don't mide.[/b]
I bought the vents for $119 (I think) from 2Cool4You; took about 1-1/2 hrs to install. Next, I'm putting some SLP vents in my ski wells to get the air flowing around my clutches and out the side vents.

Clicky

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
quote name='Nunavut_Crossfire' date='Jan 15 2007, 01:00 PM' post='437486']
whats the point of the vents?
To keep the under hood temps down, to keep your clutches cooler because hot clutchs are not good for performance.[/quote]

In one of my other posts I mentioned how there was noticeable heat transfering from the engine through the inner sheave of the primary. This increased clutch and belt temps all around. Just before this weekends ride I put an SLP Flow Right in the side panel at the primary (pic attached). It made a significant difference in the primary outer sheave, belt and secondary temp. I have since purchased another, but not sure where I want to put it. Inside the "wheel well" seems logical, but I am concerned about damage from trees etc. since I ride a lot off trail. So far so good. Just thought I too would share my story.
[attachment=60785:Stuff_002.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote name='Nunavut_Crossfire' date='Jan 15 2007, 01:00 PM' post='437486']
whats the point of the vents?
To keep the under hood temps down, to keep your clutches cooler because hot clutchs are not good for performance.
In one of my other posts I mentioned how there was noticeable heat transfering from the engine through the inner sheave of the primary. This increased clutch and belt temps all around. Just before this weekends ride I put an SLP Flow Right in the side panel at the primary (pic attached). It made a significant difference in the primary outer sheave, belt and secondary temp. I have since purchased another, but not sure where I want to put it. Inside the "wheel well" seems logical, but I am concerned about damage from trees etc. since I ride a lot off trail. So far so good. Just thought I too would share my story.
[attachment=60785:Stuff_002.jpg]
[/quote]

ZRrrr, Great idea; I never thought of that. I took my sled out today for the first ride since installing vents. I checked my clutches several times today and each time they were cool to the touch. Made a significant difference. I have a SLP flowrite and am getting ready to install them in my ski wells. Like you, I do most of my riding off trail and am a little skeptical. Attached are the pix from riding today. If you ever come to Alaska for a snowmobile vacation; one of your destinations needs to be Petersville. Mt. McKinley is the backdrop for this ride and today they had bottomless powder...spent allot of time digging out.

[attachment=60821:petersvi...n_07_002.jpg]

[attachment=60822:petersvi...n_07_007.jpg]

[attachment=60823:petersvi...n_07_023.jpg]

Mt. McKinley in the background; Alaskans refer to it as Mt. Denali.

[attachment=60824:petersvi...n_07_027.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts