Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 31 (Wednesday) -- Started at noon and rode from Land O’ Lakes up trail 3 to trail 2 and then on to trail 13 to the Root Cellar on Lake Gogebic. Then headed back south to the Holiday Lodge on the North Twin lake in Phelps. Then jogged a little south to Conover and then back to the house. We met the groomer in Conover and the trails were MINT and NO traffic! (150 miles)

February 1 (Thursday) – Rode again from Land O up to Trail 2 over through Marinesco. Man did they need to groom. Bump city but of course we met the groomer JUST as we were leaving town. We then trekked onto Hurley for a quick stop at the Iron horse for some grub and a warm up. We then headed south to Presque Isle for a quick stop at Skyview and then back to Bents in Land O for some good pizza and a some bragging rights. (200 miles)

February 2 (Friday) – While Ralph (ha ha) attended to the duties back at the house, Joel, Pat and I headed into Land O’ to get fuel. We then jogged south to corridor 6 through the Boulder Junction trail system and then back to Skyview in Presque Isle for lunch. After a quick bite, we headed west to rip around on the Turtle Flowage (holy balls is that big!!!) in Iron county and then back to Mercer for a warm up at Around the Corner across from Manitowish Sports. We then headed from there to Boulder Junction to Gooch’s A1 for grub. After that we called it a day and rode back to Land O. (175 miles)

February 3 (Saturday) -- After getting a late start to the day (those damn house hold chores got in the way), we headed to Boulder Junction for a club gathering and some games. We then warmed up and headed back to the house to grab a few more items. We then rode a small loop south to Conover over to the west side of Phelps and back up to the Gateway Lodge for an AWESOME dinner. We then rode back to the house and loaded up the sleds and drove the truck down to Weasel’s. Oh man, what happens north of Highway 8 STAYS north of Highway 8! lol (90 miles)

February 4 (Sunday) -- Hit the road for home. :(

All in all we totaled 615 trouble free miles on some really good to sometimes great trails. Obviously as the weekend neared, the traffic increased and so did the bumps on the trails. It was brutally cold at times (WELL below zero) but we always found a way to keep pressing on!

You can see all the pics from the trip if you click here!

Nick

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good trip. Wish I could have made it, but BIZ obligations got in the way. Besides, I would'nt have let you go home until you clicked 200 miles EVERYDAY. :tongue_nana: B.T.W. whats missing from this PIC slaphappy Besides my crossfire slaphappy I'll assume you guys kept your MICHIGAN TRAIL PERMIT STICKERS in your wallets, because it was too cold for them to stick. slaphappy BUSTED....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
B.T.W.
Where's the pics from WEASELS slaphappy
Should have gone to the FRONTIER BAR in PHELPS
If I would have known, I could have called my buddy who was the ORIGINAL owner of the FRONTIER strip club. Could have gotten you some V.I.P. treatment :chug:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
LOL MM. Ummm.....yeah. those trail permits......uhhhh they musta blew off :D :D Funny you ask about the pics from Weasels. SOMEONE got busted trying to take a pic w/his phone of some very spontanious entertainment. Nothing like getting a show from girls OTHER than the dancin ladies ;) :D

Oh and MM, I think Nick will agree.....me and you would get along REAL well. I had to crack the whip on these guys almost everyday to get at least that 600 mile mark. :D :D

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Awesome Pixs !. :thumbsup: Glad you got your time invested in snowmobiling and enjoying that :cold: weather too. I do recognize greensled (Joel) on his Team Arctic F6 sled, but do not know the other two. Aren't they ArcticChat members or not ?. I dunno

Thanks for sharing,

AB :site:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
One is your very own "3x" from here and the other character......we'll just call him "Ralph". He's a new sledder, and new to Achat.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This Blanky Time thing is frightening. I don't even want to know what 4 boys are doing at blanky time :(

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Funny you ask about the pics from Weasels. SOMEONE got busted trying to take a pic w/his phone of some very spontanious entertainment. Nothing like getting a show from girls OTHER than the dancin ladies ;) :D[/b]
haha...that's called taking one for the team! Rockerdude

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh and MM, I think Nick will agree.....me and you would get along REAL well. I had to crack the whip on these guys almost everyday to get at least that 600 mile mark. :D :D[/b]
Well, if you call sleeping in until 10:30 cracking the whip. :eek: How many days did you wake up before me? mikeyslap

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Feb 6 2007, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny you ask about the pics from Weasels. SOMEONE got busted trying to take a pic w/his phone of some very spontanious entertainment. Nothing like getting a show from girls OTHER than the dancin ladies ;) :D[/b]
haha...that's called taking one for the team! Rockerdude

Oh and MM, I think Nick will agree.....me and you would get along REAL well. I had to crack the whip on these guys almost everyday to get at least that 600 mile mark. :D :D[/b]
Well, if you call sleeping in until 10:30 cracking the whip. :eek: How many days did you wake up before me? mikeyslap
[/b][/quote]
Funny, when I pulled up to the house on Thursday, Nick was the only one awake...

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
awsome pics. guys must be nice to have enough snow to ride on.................................................................by the way Nancy how are the penguins doing?

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Feb 8 2007, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
awsome pics. guys must be nice to have enough snow to ride on.................................................................by the way Nancy how are the penguins doing?[/b]
Hey they are doing just fine...........cause they too have snow :moon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts