Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys a dealer has a 2016 with just 35 miles on it??- First off is this a good machine- Need something for fun, carry things around the farm and to plow driveway- what should I be looking for on this machine to make sure it is fine - With just 35 miles I cant believe anything would be wrong but need to know what to look for- thks so much

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thks- I just emailed them to ask about the hours- Just not sure how a 2016 could only have 35 miles on it??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:Here is the response from the dealer regarding the mileage-
"The reason the mileage is so low is because the computer required a pin to be operational. From the factory the computer was programmed into limp mode and would only go 5 mph. The manufacturer helped us reset the computer when we purchased it and now the machine is no longer limited It has 26.7 hrs"
does this make sense??
also every pic of a prowler has bench seats - this one has bucket seat?
thks for all the advice

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
The XT is a two seater. Engine is under the hump. We have a 2010 xt and it has been very reliable. What dealer said has merit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So If I read this right it only has 35 miles cause it was in limp mode and the original owner could not drive ti??
Or would it have more miles on it nit showing but only 26 hrs seems brand new?? thks again

·
Super Moderator
9,221 Posts
Seems crazy to find one with 26.7 hours.
Get it out and hammer the throttle. That thing needs a good break in if those are correct miles and hours. I'd love to know why the owner ran it so long without fixing the limp mode. Although, it is possible the gauge has been swapped. The hours would still be correct.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
If the tires look new, then it makes sense. I bought a used 700 Diesel AC a few years ago, had it shipped to Maine from Georgia. Almost no hours or miles. but original tires worn out. Guess gauge was swapped out. Almost 3,000 miles later, it's been awesome. My guess, true miles are more like 8-10.000, feels new to me. My tires that I put on about 2,500 miles ago look new, btw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts