Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey giys needing some advice, I just bought this bike a couple of days ago and it didnt really smoke the day I went and looked at it or maybe I didnt really notice but now its smokes a pretty big puff of smoke when I let off the gas not while im giving it gas but as soon as I let off and it slows down smoke puffs out its like blue maybe...

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
It would help if you told us what it was. How many miles etc..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Probably drawing some oil down the valve guides. How much oil does it use ?

Watched a customer :Bangin: take a brand new Arctic Cat atv down a dirt road behind the shop at full throttle for maybe 4 miles where he turned around and full throttle all the way back. Needless to say it smoked pretty good when he finally let off to stop at the shop again. Not an atv I would want to buy after that kind of treatment even if it had been broken-in properly. But that is just me.

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
An 07 with 240 miles and it smokes something is not right. That is less than 40 miles a year. It should be mint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know...thats what I thought and not sure how much its using I just bought it and when I bought it it was kow on oil so I put a whole qt I checked it today and it was barley touching the dip stick I added that about 4 days ago....but to be hinest wasnt to sure hoq much was in when I added the qt

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
My guess is someone changed out the speedo just to sell it. Did you check for the owners manual on the underside of the seat?

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My god I took it to the shop yesterday and it needs all kind of parts where is a good place to buy AC parts at? It needs like a arm bushing wheel bearings prob a new front diff front drive shaft...

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
Just what I thought it has a lot more miles on it than the speedo says!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
and will a prowler front diff fit my bike?
Check the part number for the housing, or the case halves. Then check the same part number for the prowler diff assembly or case halves. If they are the same, then part numbers do not lie.
If they are different, but the casings are the same, its probably because the differential is geared different, or rotates opposite direction, etc.
Just cause it fits don't mean it works!

-cr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.