Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The bearing on the PTO side, beneath the driven or secondary clutch( about 8" below ). there is a right universal drive fro the cable there that a square spring plugs into the track drive shaft on the end. the bearing is under the three bolt retainer, brass colors I beleive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catspaz8 @ Jan 17 2007, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The bearing on the PTO side, beneath the driven or secondary clutch( about 8" below ). there is a right universal drive fro the cable there that a square spring plugs into the track drive shaft on the end. the bearing is under the three bolt retainer, brass colors I beleive.[/b]
I have the same problem (94' Tcat and 00' ZRT600).

Is the the bearing for the "drive sprocket" (the one that drives the track)? #44

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you're changing one, might as well do them both... I hear its not uncommon for those bearing to need semi-regular replacement....

As long as you're doing the work , may as well do them both.... just a thought

Mine went in my wildcat, dealer showed me the cooked bearings. yikes. Worn out doesn't describe them

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bman42 @ Feb 9 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you're changing one, might as well do them both... I hear its not uncommon for those bearing to need semi-regular replacement....

As long as you're doing the work , may as well do them both.... just a thought

Mine went in my wildcat, dealer showed me the cooked bearings. yikes. Worn out doesn't describe them[/b]
So, replace both in this diagram (the one behind the driven clutch and the one below for the drive sprocket).

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, the second bearing is not in that diagram...its the one inside the chaincase on that same shaft as #44. Not a bad idea to repalce the one behind the secondary either (jacksahft bearings), which will also have another bearing in the chaincase. So yes, do all 4 bearings since you have to take all that stuff apart anyway!

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1997EXT580 @ Feb 9 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No, the second bearing is not in that diagram...its the one inside the chaincase on that same shaft as #44. Not a bad idea to repalce the one behind the secondary either (jacksahft bearings), which will also have another bearing in the chaincase. So yes, do all 4 bearings since you have to take all that stuff apart anyway![/b]
Cool, summer won't be so boring (I love PIECE of MIND)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts