Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see alot of pics with the radiator moved and the snorkel kits. Just wondering...how deep of water could you run a stock atv into...or mud? Just wondering how many of you run in the water or mud and do it stock?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a 2003 with no snorkels. The air cleaner cover on these older ones are crap so I only go about 8-10" above the floorboards.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Or you could go deep like savageman69
and his buddies lo
Vehicle Recreation Fun Boating Watercourse

Pond Recreation Fun Watercourse Bank

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
water riding without snorkels is like having sex with no condom and a sketch lady.....It might seem fun, but one time will cost you more then you planned on

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
water is fun tho lol if you protect your investment properly

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That looks totally fun. But you have to be modified to do that. So how deep can you go with a stock machine. What would be a reasonable gauge for that's deep enough. Like Poco said 8-10" above floor boards.?
If you fill those rubber drain plugs (duck bills) for your belt housing with silicone, then yes.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Rim

On the bottoms of your snorkel tubes and under your airbox

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is this you turds??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMI3fkNWJw

This video is one of the reasons I did my snorkel. I added comments a while ago to. Says only a week ago but I think it was much longer then that

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Doorfx...new guy, got no idea what that is.

Ruffy...cool video. never in my life would I have thought this could be done. Neat to watch.
Check the tubing that comes into and out of the belt casing. You'll see the rubber drain plugs doorfx posted there. I have one on the belt exhaust side and the air intake side. Pop them out and fill them with silicone. Put silicone around the grooves on them as well before putting them back in for added protection.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I liked the comments better..LOL

Haha yea same here. I try to be professional in my actions and never thought it would of made it on here. I have to deal with 50 year old men being babies where I work at. Being a lead guy/boss I have spoke to them in the same manner. I am one of those guys that say what I am thinking and don't care what others think. It does get me into a little heat but over all I get respect on how I handle things.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check the tubing that comes into and out of the belt casing. You'll see the rubber drain plugs doorfx posted there. I have one on the belt exhaust side and the air intake side. Pop them out and fill them with silicone. Put silicone around the grooves on them as well before putting them back in for added protection.
This would be under one if the side covers correct...not being an a$$...really dont know. This is all new to me. Sorry again for not getting it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This would be under one if the side covers correct...not being an a$$...really dont know. This is all new to me. Sorry again for not getting it.
Yes and no. Not sure what machine you have but on my Thundercat I have 2 drains on my air box. I can see them if I take the air box lid off and also remove the filter.
Now for the intake and exhaust for the belt it is a different story. I think only the intake side of the belt has a drain at the very bottom. If you craw under your machine and look up you will see it hanging down. Sometimes they will get pushed in like mine did and there will be just a hole in the plastic intake tube for the belt.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
yes that is my video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.