Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tongue_nana:
Hit trails last weekend in VT. and was challenged by an MXZ 800 on a lake. Riding my F7EFI solo and with the SkiDoo challenger carrying his girlfriend on the back, I thought - what the hell.

From 30 mph, she dropped her arm and that MXZ was gone chewing my stock 2006 stock F7EFI up off the line. It didn't ever feel like I was gaining.

I'm not a small guy at 6' 210 lbs., yet is this possible? My Polaris and Cat rider buddies laughed the rest of the day.

If someone had $1,000 to spend on their F7 without the wife finding out, any thoughts?

Signed,
Sucks to be...dusted by MXZ

·
Registered
76 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masshole @ Feb 10 2007, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:tongue_nana:
Hit trails last weekend in VT. and was challenged by an MXZ 800 on a lake. Riding my F7EFI solo and with the SkiDoo challenger carrying his girlfriend on the back, I thought - what the hell.

From 30 mph, she dropped her arm and that MXZ was gone chewing my stock 2006 stock F7EFI up off the line. It didn't ever feel like I was gaining.

I'm not a small guy at 6' 210 lbs., yet is this possible? My Polaris and Cat rider buddies laughed the rest of the day.

If someone had $1,000 to spend on their F7 without the wife finding out, any thoughts?

Signed,
Sucks to be...dusted by MXZ[/b]

I bought a 06 F7 SP EFI (154 1 1/2" studs with double backers) in nov. thinking i bought one of the badest sled out there. Rode my brothers 05 F7 carb standard and i was hooked that thing is fast. So one of our friends had a 01 or 02 MXZ 800 with 812 miles on it and was selling it for $2500. Thought about buying it for a back up, instead told my wife's cousin about it and he bought it. first snow we get we lined them up in the field and he smoked me by 3 sleds. i was not a happy camper. Raced his brother in law on his 800 polaris XCSP and he is at my back bumper. So i put a +2 timing key, ODS clutch kit, adj. my oil pump linkage so my ratio is 60:1, and a mbrp silencer on and my sled seemed to be faster but it still won't go over 100mph. Last time i raced him it was in 2ft of powder in the field and in the pow i smoked him, but we raced in our previous tracks and i barley beat him, so i know if we get on some hard packed stuff he'll beat me. but my brother's f7 beats me by 3 sleds to so i guess i got a pooch. Oh and i'm 270lbs and he is around 200lbs so the first time we race we even switched sleds and i beat him with me on his and him on mine. I'm thinking about buying a 1" track to replace my sp track. I'm not sure what to do besides buying a F1000 or Xfire1000!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
My buddy has a 05 F7 SP, and he went down to the 1.25" track and it made a difference, he wasnt able to pull over 100 with the 1.375, but now he can do 110. Also he took his Speedwerx pipe off and now we are dead even when I have my stock pipe on to about 90 then I pull away very slow. Just a little fyi..Oh, he also put in the Injector perfector with a 290 and it was still running too rich but didnt put in his 280 when we were on our trip, might be going again in a couple weeks, if so I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 05 F7 EFI SP. Last year when i rode it i wasn't to impressed with it but it was pretty fast. I went through about 13 belts beacause of clutching problems. Final I put on 06 clutch in it and it made all of the difference. I was racing my buddys new 700 Dragon early in november with my old clutch and he was beating me by 10 sled lenths. Not even close. After that I said I cant handle it. I went and put a big air kit into my sled. TIP dont buy the 50 air intake from D&D. If you go to your arctic cat dealer then can order you one that is plastic, for 7 bucks. Order for a 03 Sno Pro. You will have to do some minor cutting to your air box, but not much. When you get it just cut the fins off. You will know when you get it. I also put a D&D y-pipe on their and a 2 degree timing key, and I also put a Tension bearing in my clutch. D&D makes a bearing where it replaces the black washer in you secondary clutch that causes alot of tension. The bearing is only $18. It gave me 4 miles an hour more. After I put all of that in their for not very much, now the dragon is about 6 sleds lenths behind me. I have my 1.375 track on their with 102 1.4 inch studs and on the average on the river i will reach 106. thats not bad with that track.

·
Registered
76 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speed_freek @ Feb 11 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My buddy has a 05 F7 SP, and he went down to the 1.25" track and it made a difference, he wasnt able to pull over 100 with the 1.375, but now he can do 110. Also he took his Speedwerx pipe off and now we are dead even when I have my stock pipe on to about 90 then I pull away very slow. Just a little fyi..Oh, he also put in the Injector perfector with a 290 and it was still running too rich but didnt put in his 280 when we were on our trip, might be going again in a couple weeks, if so I will let you know the outcome.[/b]

Sounds like i need to buy a new track. I believe you that your buddy picked up to 110mph. I put the 154 1.5" studs with double backers and tall nuts thinking it would be awesome. now that they are in it looks like a lot of extra weight. it hooks up good and throws stuff all over the person behind me, rocks get wedged between the studs and a couple of guys that parked behind me said i drilled them with rocks and ice. i'm thinking about trying the ripsaw or ice ripper. can you get both of these for a F7? Thanx for the info, and let us know how the 280 works.

·
Registered
215 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Feb 12 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
FYI I have seen 108 on my 06 F7 SP EFI, 112 with a lighter rider. STOCK 102 pics.[/b]
Have you run on glar ice, or close to it? How much do you spin? I have 150 woody's megabites that i haven't put on yet and i'm debating wether or not to put them all on or less. My sled is not stock though, it's at 152hp now, and will be at 162hp next year. I don't want tear out's, but don't want to loose tons of speed on top either. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like everyone with these new firecats aren't going as fast as the 03's....i got a 2003 F7 EFI...and i'm beating the new F10's...no problem...buy something you can change the gears cheap..instead of the new sleds with this diamond drive crap where yuo spend a lot of money doin it..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
im in the market for buying a firecat also.. im really stuck on the chaincase, but the DD has so much potential... its just not many have found it yet... the 03s where fast, but as the years went on they got more power to make up for the DD frictional loses... these guys that are drag racing on black top, what are they using, Looney tune and others??? thats whati would like to know.. what are they using to get down the track...
also has anyone tried the sec clutch part that outs torsion tension on the sec spring, i forget what it was called, but its was on here a while back. it was supposed to add lots of track speed out of the hole and such...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
OVS Clutch Kit,, found it.. anyone use it yet, or any feedback

·
Registered
152 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Feb 12 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
FYI I have seen 108 on my 06 F7 SP EFI, 112 with a lighter rider. STOCK 102 pics.[/b]

05 F7 EFI/reverse, bone stock, 102 pics.............113MPH on the GPS and radar

·
Registered
370 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cweinzatl35 @ Feb 15 2007, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im in the market for buying a firecat also.. im really stuck on the chaincase, but the DD has so much potential... its just not many have found it yet... the 03s where fast, but as the years went on they got more power to make up for the DD frictional loses... these guys that are drag racing on black top, what are they using, Looney tune and others??? thats whati would like to know.. what are they using to get down the track...
also has anyone tried the sec clutch part that outs torsion tension on the sec spring, i forget what it was called, but its was on here a while back. it was supposed to add lots of track speed out of the hole and such...[/b]

I know of a couple of guys who are arctic cat factory sponsored. They do ice drags and grass drags. They will not give up their 03s. They say they are the fastest and they don't want the diamond drive. Instead of new sleds, arctic cat sends them new belly pans, hoods, and seats to make their 03s look current. There is a big difference between full out drag racing and trail riding but I just thought I would add this in. I thought it was interesting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoman820 @ Feb 15 2007, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cweinzatl35 @ Feb 15 2007, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also has anyone tried the sec clutch part that outs torsion tension on the sec spring, i forget what it was called, but its was on here a while back. it was supposed to add lots of track speed out of the hole and such...[/b]

I know of a couple of guys who are arctic cat factory sponsored. They do ice drags and grass drags. They will not give up their 03s. They say they are the fastest and they don't want the diamond drive. Instead of new sleds, arctic cat sends them new belly pans, hoods, and seats to make their 03s look current. There is a big difference between full out drag racing and trail riding but I just thought I would add this in. I thought it was interesting.
[/b][/quote]

It may not just the fact that the 03's are fast, the other years make just as much HP with a 500 ft race box, but the reason for keeping the 03's is the ISR filed weights. Shilts, and others continue to run 03's with new graphics due to weights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts