Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jingling sound coming from what appears to be the brake areas. I was riding today and was able to relate the jingling sound to when I went in water - not deep, maybe just over floor board. It sounds like it is coming from the brakes. The brakes works great too. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Happened to me too. Didn't figure it out until my pants fell down around my knees. Nine dollars and eighty five cents loose change in my pockets was the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Look at the winch first (Thought I had a beer bottle in the racks one night but couldn't find it till it pulled the winch hook in.) Check the gear shift linkage all the way back (mine was "jingling" around the muffler) and I don't know about the 700's but check for muffler guards or anything along the exhaust from the head back.

WC

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys.

I think I got an answer from a couple of guys over at ATV Connection. They are saying that there are no springs holding the brake pads from moving on the ATV disc brakes, like a car has. I guess when I hit the water it upsets them enough to jiggle around in there. I noticed I can hit the brakes and it kinda reseats the pads and the noise goes away. One of the guys who replied appears to be the local Arctic Cat expert on the forum and says this is normal and it is harmless.

Hey Borat. The $9.85 thing - funny.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Hey Borat. The $9.85 thing - funny.

Yeahhhh, not that funny, I had $10.00 worth when I started out. Lost 15 cents somewhere. Got to get a washer and dryer man. Laundromats money slows me down...........

·
Registered
321 Posts
You also may want to check the tool set that is under the seat. Mine rattled like heck. I thought it was the rear brake, suspension, or muffler at first. It took me a little bit to figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts