Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got gone putting on my 2" snorkel for my v2. Im getting my main jets tomarrow. Do i need to bump up my piolt jet size also? I also thought i would try the slide mod too. I havent been able to find the post if someone has done it before on a v2 and it worked. If I am forgetting something please let me know.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigcat4x4 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just got gone putting on my 2" snorkel for my v2. Im getting my main jets tomarrow. Do i need to bump up my piolt jet size also? I also thought i would try the slide mod too. I havent been able to find the post if someone has done it before on a v2 and it worked. If I am forgetting something please let me know.[/b]

I think most go for 142 front 146 back but yours might differ. One word of advice....1 thing at a time. Get it to run perfect with the new snork and jets then tackle the slide mod.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Isnt jetting affected by altitude?? I am no professional, but what works for one altitude might not work for another so the 142 146 might not be good for your altitude.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doober @ Mar 28 2007, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Isnt jetting affected by altitude?? I am no professional, but what works for one altitude might not work for another so the 142 146 might not be good for your altitude.[/b]

Sure is..<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
but yours might differ[/b]
I probably should have clarified it more.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i am at 1500ft .. no snorks, and i run the DJ 122 F/R needles #3,#4 F/R screws and 2.75... you may not have to rejet your pilots, you can play with the air/mix screw until it doesnt studder when you punch it from a stand still... factory on mine was 2 or 2.25, turning them out helped off the line accel... the slides on the V2 are much smaller and react quicker than the big single carbs.. the 500 and 650 us the 38mm or 40mm, our V2's have twin 32's.. not as big of an improvement as the single guys...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now i have 122's as my mains and im going to try the next one up and go from there. Im going to try adjusting the piolt like you said cweinzatl35. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im using the keihin jets and im up to a 150, from a 122 stock thats a big jump and im still running lean but alot better. I am around 800 ft in elevation, and looked for air leaks. Im going to keep trying bigger jets any help or advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
wow thats a BIG main jet, even with the snorkles. i would look into shimming your needles and possibly even a bigger pilot jet if you end up running that size main or bigger so you will be getting correct fuel throughout the powerband. check out the pinned section on the top of the tech page, might be some info in there you can use.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I would check for air leaks. Check to make sure that airbox is seating properly on the carbs. It's happened to others where they think they are seated, but aren't, and it runs VERY lean due to the air that gets in. 122 to a 150...that doesn't sound right at all, especially if you are STILL lean.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today i shimmed up my needles with 2 #4 washers each, huge improvement. There is no hesitation fron idle to almost WOT, then it feels like it goes flat. I checked my plugs and they say im running lean. I got a 145 main in it now and im gonna try a 147. Do i need to maby shim it a little more or stick to changing the main jets since its almost at full throttle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts