Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was tinkering with my sled tonight I decided to check the plugs and take a look in at the pistons to see how things are running. My plugs are the golden tan color, but looking at the pistons through the plug holes they look like they may be lean... the tops look black, and the center looks like theres a bare spot (size of a dime)... no piston damage just clean. Could I be too lean? It has been dropped to 420 jets, but since NJ gas is junk and has ethanol in it, should I bump the jets back up to 430? I know the problem with looking through the plug holes is you cant see the entire piston. But does anyone have any reccomendations or should I be ok?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I can't comment on whether NJ gas is any better or worse than Ontario's but can advise you that I've run 400's in my '02 since the first day. All temp's including down to -45 up north. No problems. 5000 miles on the clock now.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I can't comment on whether NJ gas is any better or worse than Ontario's but can advise you that I've run 400's in my '02 since the first day. All temp's including down to -45 up north. No problems. 5000 miles on the clock now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts