Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer to this but im really not sure. If you switch from performance reeds(v force delta) back to stock reeds, do you have to rejet your carbs? Also, i would imagine that if you cut the "wings" off the backside of the intake boots to allow use with the deltas, they are probably unusable with a stock reed set up, Right?

Sorry for my ignorance guys, I bought the sled set up like this and am still trying to figure out what is what.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. Happy to hear about not having to rejett, NOT to happy about the Intake boots!!

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Kimpex replacement manifolds can be had from Dennis Kirk for $22 each. They are not quite as nice as OEM but they are about 1/4th the cost. I am starting my 4th and last season with my current Kimpex manifolds. They are starting to surface crack now, but I have new ones waiting. I think the Kimpex are worth it considering you can buy 4 of them vs one OEM.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, thanks for the info, i JUST put a new set of Kimpex manifolds on it, wish i would have checked the reeds before i cut them up though. The old girl is starting to nickle and dime me and the mighty keeper of the check book is starting to get iritated!
My issue is, i have a bad reed on one cylinder and it wont fire on all three. I was geared up to order a replacement reed set for the center cylinder from Dennis Kirk( i have a $10 gift card) but they are back ordered. in the long run, it will be cheaper to bite the bullet and buy one set of reeds than it wil to buy a new set of manifolds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts