Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I'm going on the ND State Ride. The problem is, temps are supposed to be in the -10F to -20F range. I'm wondering just how much "wiggle room" you have when the temps get down there.

For instance, I changed my F5 to 360s from 380s. Will the 360s be too lean? Our Jag 440 will be used by another family member... will the stock jetting be safe?

How cold does it need to get before you HAVE to make adjustments?
(yes... I know I need an EFI) :lol:

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
What does the jetting chart say for each machine? There should be a chart on the belt cover, and in the owner's manual that will have recommendations for different elevations and temperature ranges. You really should learn to read your plug colour and piston wash to tell you what jetting you need for conditons of the day. If you do a proper baseline jetting set up you can then calculate the main jet you will need for the conditons of the day. Each main jet is typically good for a range of about 10C (20F), but you need to know where the lean end of the range is. Also, you do not need EFI, whatyou need is to add a Tempa-FLow to your carbed sleds and have automatic temperature compensation on your current machines.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... and yeah, a Tempa-Flow is a great idea.

The temps tonight are supposed to be close to those forecasted for Saturday. I'll install a new set of plugs and go for a little run. I'll see how things look, and adjust jetting if necessary.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
First you can't check new plugs. Need to use used ones.

Second unless you plan on doing alot of 3/4+ throttle don't worry about the mains.

Third IMO 360's are still safe to at least -20 unless you plan on holding the thing open for a mile or more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts