Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has this sled and i said i would work on it for him.. just looking for some input...not sure what the pipes are haven't looked at them but he says there is no markings what so ever. maybe aaen? or slp? i remember looking at blackmagic pipes for my 440 and i think the only thing i had to switch for jetting was drop the needle one...also for clutching i'm not sure what this motor is supposed to turn for rpm. i know the blackmagics for mine were supposed to turn 9250 rpms peak. also this is a carbed sled, stock gearing, jetting and 150 lb rider. i just want to help him and not burn his sled down...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I think the blackmagic 440 pipes and the 500 where the same pipes. The motors where pretty close so you could try your old 440 clutch set up and see. I know the 600 motors the blackmagic pipes only rev 8500.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
98 stock 500 uses about the same clutching as the 440 46.5 gram weights the same yellow green spring the same yellow secondary the same and a 51 degree helix is different the 440 had a 53 SO I would guess that RPM is the same for the the TWINS I would guess 43 grams for to start out see if you get in 9000 range Your not going to blow the sled up by over twisting just loose power. If you have your 440 with pipes on it measure around the pipes in a couple spots and see if there the same pipes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't have the pipes anymore and never put them on... i was just looking for some opinions... if they were blackmagic or d&d pipes there would be a stamp... i guess i will have to look at them to find out what they are for sure...should be interesting messing with it once snow comes around...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts