Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a D&D lite pipe and ypipe, and vforce reeds on my 05 f7 carb. The stock jets i believe are 480's or 490's...what jet should i go up to because the plugs are a little gray-ish in color right. The biggest jet i could find in stock is a 500...will this hopefully solve me problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same set up but i have a 2degree key and no vforce i run 480's and it runs good my temps are about 1150 on egt at wide open.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
480's..isn't that stock? i've got the stock jets in it now and the plugs are a little gray-ish...i'm going to mess with the air screws tomorrow and see what happens..i've got 500 jets on order so we'll see what i can come up with

·
Registered
58 Posts
my stock o5 F7 has 460's. I run between 1200 and 1900 feet on my gps. the plugs look a little to white on the electrode, but the piston wash looks a little fat (at 20 degrees f).

The piston wash seemed to be more accurate when I was racing my 440.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its probly diffrent from place to place but mine came with 460's your air screw is 2 turns out from seat and fuel screw is 1 turn from seat per d&d.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock jets were 470's, so i swapped them out for 500's and the plugs are still gray but the sides are kind of a tan color....I'm going to try a set of 530's tomorrow morning....It's also about 4 degrees out and it's beena round that that temp since i've been messing with them...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm new to the jetting thing so i could you guys explain what piston wash is? and what does the fuel screw and air screw do?

·
Registered
58 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (putty @ Feb 3 2007, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i'm new to the jetting thing so i could you guys explain what piston wash is? and what does the fuel screw and air screw do?[/b]

the fuel and airscrew adjust fuel mixture at idle (or below 1/8 throttle).

Piston wash refers to the color of your piston, or the amount of black residue on the piston top. I can't find a picture for you, but it's pretty easy to understand.

Ideal piston wash would be a nearly completely black piston top with only two small wash marks on the intake side. The two small wash marks (or clean spots) would be on the out side edge of the two outside intake ports; this is where the fuel mixture is heavier, resulting in a washing effect on the top of the piston. Each mark will be sort of triangular shaped; and be roughly 1/4" by 1/4".

If more than that has been washed by the incoming fuel, it means it is rich.

If less than that has been washed, or the residue is being burned off the exhaust side, the fuel mixture is lean.

An arctic cat race manual will help you tune your Kitty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (putty @ Feb 2 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just put a D&D lite pipe and ypipe, and vforce reeds on my 05 f7 carb. The stock jets i believe are 480's or 490's...what jet should i go up to because the plugs are a little gray-ish in color right. The biggest jet i could find in stock is a 500...will this hopefully solve me problem?[/b]

Didn't D&D give you any recommendations with the pipe?

If they didn't I would call them and ask their opinion. I don't think they want you to burn down your motor because you put their pipe on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D&D is about the hardest place to get ahold of in the world. i've been tryin to call them since tuesday and i've sent them an email, and i was even supposed to have their tech call me back on saturday but he didn't...but anyways I put a 530n in it and it seems to be good, the plugs are chocolate brown color so i'm going to get some 520's and give them a try...

on another note i raced it today with the 530's and i noticed a lot of hesitation leaving the line in just about every race so i think it's a little rich, but i was still only 1 1/2 lengths behind a f1000 in 660 feet which totally surprised me. Either his sled isn't running right at all, or my sled is running better than i think it is...who knows...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.