Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has raced anything with a new Jag.....Not that I'm real big on who can beat who (I ride an F-5 and thinks it's plenty fast.) but I'm just curious as to where the Jag falls in compared to the other new iron...All I seem to hear about is F-1000 this F-1000 that....For what it's worth I like the Jag and think it makes sense over the new F-5 or F-6. I Just which it cost the same as the F-6.....Oh well.......Man do I need some snow!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
don,t know about top end,ice not good enough.have run 85 on aprox 600 to 700 feet.will let you know on first long run.

·
Registered
415 Posts
just did a rough drag race between a stock 06 crossfire 600 with 1,000 miles and an early build jaguar z1 with 90 miles on it, only 90 miles. we found a dirt road out in the country that one track was sort of packed down and the other side was rougher with powder but the results were interesting.

1) first drag the jaguar was on the packed side and took 3 lengths on the xfire and held it till about 80 mph when we quit the race (xfire couldn't catch)

2) switched spots and the jag spun out on line (too much torque!) and xfire took off

3) babied the jag off the line, xfire jumped 2 lengths, pulled 1 more on the smoother line but jag then started to catch up, even on the rougher stuff

4) roll-off, jag on smoother line pulled away from xfire

racers were too about 80mph, shorter as the stretch got rough after a large snowfall, the difference in race lines was moderate, one side rougher and other smoother. however the jag showed surprsiing performance by being as fast or faster, bottom end torque was noticeable, definitely a competitor in the 600 class, if not one of the fastest, especially in these short drags. also consider the jag had ONLY 90 miles on the motor, and the crossfire was broken in. so decide for yourself, i can hopefully tape or set up a groomed drag soon and rematch with some f's and the crossfire again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i was running 95-100 not quite pinned and staying with a studed rev 600HO this past week on gogebic lake! got 500 miles on her time to change the oil and start giving her hell on the strait aways and se what she toppes out at.

·
Registered
210 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big Joe @ Jan 8 2007, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i was running 95-100 not quite pinned and staying with a studed rev 600HO this past week on gogebic lake! got 500 miles on her time to change the oil and start giving her hell on the strait aways and se what she toppes out at.[/b]
and your's isn't studded? How did you do at the start?
My friend rides a rev 600ho. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
My friend rides a rev 600ho.[/b]
i stated out on the lake first just putting down it then they passed me and I started to get into it. i want to stud mine soo bad any recommendations on how many? i dont want to get too crazy with them 96 be enough?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big Joe @ Jan 8 2007, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
My friend rides a rev 600ho.[/b]
i stated out on the lake first just putting down it then they passed me and I started to get into it. i want to stud mine soo bad any recommendations on how many? i dont want to get too crazy with them 96 be enough?
[/b][/quote]

I don't have that many miles on mine but I did 120 studs!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rode my dads Jag yesterday and I like it. It will top out aroud 90-95. I went right down our road and topped it it out for a while. It gets to 60 really fast then is a little slower on up. I took my F7 on a 5 mile loop and then rode the jag on the same loop. I really like the chassis and the handling. It is the most comfortable sled for me.
Seat of the pants feel isn't as fast as I would have liked. Our t660 is just as fast. Overall a great sled

·
Registered
309 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pyrex @ Jan 4 2007, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i wanna know what it tops out at.[/b]
Dealer told me 100 mph on hard packed-perfect conditions.Just test drove one but there was not enough area to wind it out.I was impressed with bottom end -pulled the skis....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Running 93.7 on GPS, medium hard pack. F7 was running 101. It will top out over 100 easy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i own a of f7 sno pro and the z1. the z1 only has like 300 miles on it wasnt really getting on it but ive had it going around 80mph a 100 sounds about right. the ride is also nice, i think it rides more better than my f7 but doesnt have the power like the f7 but i let my dad take the z1 and i had the f7 and we took off across the lake and he stayed right next to me till about 90 then i started to pull away. all around great trail sled. mine has a little hard time starting when its cold but thats about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts