1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup the F8 LXR is only 4lbs yes FOUR POUNDs lighter then the Jag Z1

Amazing

Only dif is the 121 vs 128 track/skid

Looks like the Jag is the better choice as you get MPG and dod not lose nothing in weight

Hell one good morning dump and you are set :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
from what i read about the newer z1's they are old man sleds seriously 1100cc engine putting out 123 hp, thats pitiful. the only thing good about that sled looks like the suspension but that wont matter cause the old guys never use it through the corners like they should any way, no offense to you old timers who still ride young. I love cats just not this one. but a friend of mine just bought one so maybe riding it will change my mind who knows.

G

·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Autowolf @ May 30 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
from what i read about the newer z1's they are old man sleds seriously 1100cc engine putting out 123 hp, thats pitiful. the only thing good about that sled looks like the suspension but that wont matter cause the old guys never use it through the corners like they should any way, no offense to you old timers who still ride young. I love cats just not this one. but a friend of mine just bought one so maybe riding it will change my mind who knows.[/b]
Actually it puts out more in the neiborhood of 133-135 hp. I dont like four strokes but this mill is impressive as it actually makes torque compared to most yamaha four strokes and it is pretty simple to work on for a four stroke. Fast for a four stroke as well and not an old timers sled what so ever. Just not my cup of tea but so much better than what your thinking!

·
Registered
222 Posts
lol I guess ill see, the dude got a new one this year so this season ill be taking it for a spin, how come arctic cat low balls the hp numbers on thier spec lists? it doesnt make sense to me for them to list it in the 120's if its higher but you never know whats going on with that.

My old zrt will still show this new comer around though I know theres plenty of sleds out there than can beat it, I just havnt run into one yet. :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I guess I must be an oldtimer, cause I freakin' love my Jag. In fact, I bought 2 of 'em. Paid cash for both. Maybe that's why AC and the other manufacturers are designing sleds that appeal to old farts like me. I'll go out and think about it some more while I'm busting some 70' triples on my CRF450.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well when you think about it theres more of a market apealing to people who have been riding for a while usually older guys, they are the ones who have stuck with the sport and are most likley going to be the ones buying the brand new sleds most guys around my age can afford somthing like that unless are P's will spring for part of the cost.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Both sleds in a corner to corner shoot out would be interesting. With the Jag having the engine braking eliminated, and all the torque available, I bet the Jag would come out of the corners surprisingly well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So many people seem to fixate on the top-end speed and/or horsepower. The Jag has about 130 HP and a top speed of about 105 mph in ideal conditions. To me, that's enough. But that's not really what the Jag is all about. It's kind of hard to describe, but it's just an awesome trail sled. Plenty of speed, awesome ergos, great engine sound, decent cornering, great ride on rough and smooth trail, etc, etc, etc. The one thing that it's pretty limited on is jumping, mainly due to the weight. On the other hand, the thing is a freakin' tractor when you're dealing with steep uphills. I can't imagine any 2-stroke being able to put out the torque that the Jag has. You just feel like there's no hill that you can't climb. It all depends on what kind of riding you're into, but for me the Jag is the ultimate ride.

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Autowolf @ May 31 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol I guess ill see, the dude got a new one this year so this season ill be taking it for a spin, how come arctic cat low balls the hp numbers on thier spec lists? it doesnt make sense to me for them to list it in the 120's if its higher but you never know whats going on with that.

My old zrt will still show this new comer around though I know theres plenty of sleds out there than can beat it, I just havnt run into one yet. :lol:[/b]

Your old ZRT might beat it on top end, but it will get eaten alive everywhere else.....and by a large margin!!!!

If you rode the new F chassis(don't matter with what engine) you would park your ZRT and NEVER look at it again..... there is simply NO comparison!!! That's what 12-13years of newer technology gets you!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
but what 12-13 years of technology doesnt expect is that im tottaly crazy and not worried about wrecking my 12 year old sled, where as the man on the jag might not want to spend a couple grand in repairs

Even with out all that, it comes down to the rider, its not what you got its how you use it past a certain point any way. Im not saying at all that my zrt would out handle it but as i stated before i dont think the riders ill run into it will try to keep up with me, road racing is my thing, a nice snow covered loggin road makes for some intense riding and im sure the jag is more than able to run them at high speeds but if the rider isnt up to it the sleds worthless, no sled in the world will make any body a better rider, that they gota do them selves.

I havnt ridden the new F chasis yet but ive been on a T660 turbo if thats anything similar, I didnt really like it though cause i couldnt throw it around like a two stroke but it was a comfortable ride all things considered.

·
Registered
133 Posts
for Autowolf, how long do you plan to remain 19? IF you have a plan to remain 19 for a loooonnnng time, never have to change your riding style, PLEASE let me know how your plan works to stay 19, I wish I would have had your plan 40 years ago. I respect your desire to ride your way, and I will ride my 660Turbo touring and enjoy this sport for as long as I can. Remember your right to ride as you wish is only limited to the point where my right to ride the way I want to begins, that is remain in control and to the right at all speeds.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Since when is a ZRT800 a light 2-stroke that you can throw around. Those things were heavy pigs, even when they were new. I am no big fan of the Z1, but it will outride and out handle that dinasour anywhere, any time, except possibly on top end. Under the right conditions, it might even surprise you there as well. Not that any of that matters on public trails anyway.

Snowmobile technology is changing at a frightening rate and there is no comparison between the two. You are perfectly in your right to love and continue to ride your ZRT, but don't compare it to the new stuff. It can't be done. Once you ride one, you will realize this for yourself. If you don't want to put out for a new sled, don't ride the new F chassis. It has it's problems, but there is no going back!

Redd

·
Registered
222 Posts
ill have to make some top gear style video's of the two racing on the trails roads and lakes, ill make sure to post em up for ya

·
Registered
460 Posts
You would get dominated by someone with alot less talent then you claim to have!!

There is just that much difference in technology from then till now.

But on trails is the LAST place to be racing.... that's how people end up DEAD!!!

I've had all the Cat chassis' since the mid 90's, I loved them all, but the new F series makes ALL the previous Cat chassis' look like Dinosaurs!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
i actually had more of a logging road in mind that i like to ride with a trail that breaks off to the side for a little bit and then hooks back on to the road, its about i'd say 3-5 miles long maybe a little more. its loaded with curves and a few nice straights it will be a good all around showcase track for the sleds. in any case ill do my best to get vids posted this season just keep an eye out

ill compare the z1 to a t660TT a zrt800 a zr700 and maybe an old wild cat just for the hell of it, if all fails it will at least be a blast to make it :)

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jun 11 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But on trails is the LAST place to be racing.... that's how people end up DEAD!!!

i agree,..ya see it every year,..guys racing on the trails all the time.
deff, not the place for that stuff.:)[/b]
:stop_nono: I'm No. 2 in line. Save racing for the strip and enjoy the trails with others who are trying to do the same. Can't mix trail riders and racing riders on the trails. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts