Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 jag 440 fan and im wondering if I could drop in a 97 zr 440 motor into it. we just bought another 97 zr 440 and its in bits and pieces and we figured itd be a a lot of money to try to piece it back together.Rockerdude

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 1997 jag 440 fan and im wondering if I could drop in a 97 zr 440 motor into it. we just bought another 97 zr 440 and its in bits and pieces and we figured itd be a a lot of money to try to piece it back together.Rockerdude
Is the zr motor liquid or fan cooled? If it's liquid it would require quite a bit to drop in, more than it's worth to be honest. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything when I say that. I wanted to swap a liquid 600 into my fanner 570 but it needed WAY too much fabrication work and parts.
You'd need new motor mounts most likely, tunnel cooler, front cooler,etc. All installed into the jag chassis which is fairly big $.

If I were you, I'd try and find a decent ZR 440 liquid roller and drop that motor in there. Here in edmonton alberta the zr Rollers are going fairly cheap ($400-600).

At any rate, good luck and happy trails! Sounds like a sick project if you did decide to mod the jag chassis for the zr motor.
Kyle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well we have a chassis so were gonna take all the parts we need off that to put on the jag. were just gonna run front coolers if that works out.
Ah, I see. Sorry I didn't really read your post too closely. I would be worried about cooling, I don't think the front cooler would be quite enough for any rides over 15-20 mins. I would try it out for sure but keep a temp gauge hooked up to it.
One more thing. PICS! I I for one would love to see a write up on this build, I think it's an awesome idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the jag tunnel is straight but the zr tunnel has a crook towards the end so the heat exchanger channel things have a crook to them too. we might try to run the setup up like the zrt which has the tubes under the seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.