Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
hate to not go cat though... it's just what I had.. I'm hoping not to spend 100$ on this ole girl.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
hopefully I will get to try it out before this weekend, then more work cleaning this unit up.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Gonna have it done before snow comes?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I think so. we're not really in the snow belt like we're used to be, but we'll see some good snows from mid December to sometimes late March.. it won't be polished and no kinks but I'll definitely get some user out of it this season!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just took it for a spin around the lot tonight! it feels great! I need a belt that fits correctly and some controls to come in the mail. WOW! the ole JAG has much more power!! What little I rode it, it seemed solid enough to tie up with new lines, clean and button up.. the hood of course still needs some cutting up unfortunately.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've got to ask, does anybody here know how to configure belt size without a belt. I'm just trial and error-ing it right now. there's the Polaris belts I have(too long) a 570 exciter belt (too short) and the old ac jag belt that seems to fit great. the jag belt is 1 1/4 and I need 1 3/8. I'm afraid if I ordered a jag belt length in 1 3/8 it would be too short. any tips from the pros???

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Whats with the 0627-020. I see its longer now. I heard last year that they did this. Tired of Cat belts. Always something with them.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Description off Country Cat website

OEM Arctic Cat Part
This is a newer high cog belt
Dimensions of this belt are 1.406" W x 48.071" L
Note:
0627-020 belts used to have short cogs on the outside of the belt. Those belts were 1.400" W x 47.750" L. Arctic Cat has changed them and the new belts now have high cogs on the outside of the belt, as well as a longer dimension spec because of the taller cogs.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
I've got to ask, does anybody here know how to configure belt size without a belt. I'm just trial and error-ing it right now. there's the Polaris belts I have(too long) a 570 exciter belt (too short) and the old ac jag belt that seems to fit great. the jag belt is 1 1/4 and I need 1 3/8. I'm afraid if I ordered a jag belt length in 1 3/8 it would be too short. any tips from the pros???
To configure,.....the way I do it, may not be right but works, is pull the springs from both clutches and put together. Install and open the secondary and close the primary and check deflection. Should not be tight but taunt. The factory belt is calling for #0227-014 or #w222-1093 and is suppose to be 45.50" long. Width is suppose to be 1 1/4". Not sure but (I think) this model is 10.200". Center to center.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Description off Country Cat website

OEM Arctic Cat Part
This is a newer high cog belt
Dimensions of this belt are 1.406" W x 48.071" L
Note:
0627-020 belts used to have short cogs on the outside of the belt. Those belts were 1.400" W x 47.750" L. Arctic Cat has changed them and the new belts now have high cogs on the outside of the belt, as well as a longer dimension spec because of the taller cogs.
That's right, I remember now. I do know that alot of race guys are saying they are still not right though. Seems like every few years they either go with another manufacturer or modify compounds or both. I only run the Carlisle XS seriers and have had good luck. I realize he is not likely gonna want to spend that kind of money on his sled and another is just as good for lower HP sleds like his.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Found this online when someone else was switching motors from a different brand.

If you take your center to center length multiply that number by 2 and add the circumference of the primary clutch. This should be your belt length.
21.14 (10.57 x 2) + (8.5 x 3.14) 26.69
21.14 + 26.69 = 47.83" for belt length

Also found what tcat446 replied too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow! thanks guys for the wealth of information. I'm going to re read all of it and get a proper size. very grateful for the knowledge I've gotten from fellas like you guys on this forum!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The controls came in the mail today. there were some junky sportster bars I had in the shed. they were 1".... for some reason I thought they were 7/8". they sell super cheap Taiwan controls for harleys on Ebay. The twist throttle was my intention in the first place. the hood has been cut to fit a around the exhaust. I still need to make some covers and fill some holes in the belly. and I can't believe I haven't huck bolted the trailing arms yet... and last but not least the wiring. I've got all the schematics downloaded and it looks really simple. I'm sure I'm missing a lot but that much aught to get it in the snow..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I forgot to mention. I ordered a belt online per advice on here. it was perfect fit.. I ordered a second one sized a bit smaller to have my bases covered... too small. Thanks 660 and 446 for your help!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
the trailing arms are hucked, and everybody's happy to have their c clamps back. getting where I just need a few inches of snow.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts