Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
this evening I finished up the hard part of a new steering setup. it doesn't seem like I've gotten much accomplished for the amount of time I've spent re doing this but the rest should go easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
just finished up the steering WOW! very much improved! once I tie all this up i'll have a crash course in fiberglass, adjust suspension, install engine. the ole JAG might make it out before the first snow!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Check out the bulk head where I've taken a lot of material out... this will be addressed if course as well as making new heim joint tubes for a couple of the linkages

Attachments

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Check out the bulk head where I've taken a lot of material out... this will be addressed if course as well as making new heim joint tubes for a couple of the linkages
Its coming along nicely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
pretty excited to get back home this weekend and get working on the ole JAG! today I started off tidying up the steering. im not even concerned about testing it out, I'm super happy with it. I also had to weld under the bulk head to tie up the front end. hopefully I won't encounter any stress cracks. it seems plenty good but I won't know until it's going. with all this tied up I got ready to fiberglass. I've riveted some aluminum to the pan that I plan to glass over. I'd take any advice at this point, as I've never laid fiberglass before. 20190902_125820.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
after taking off even more fiberglass I riveted an aluminum belly pan. I would like to glass 2 tunnels (yellow) under the belly as well as across the belly. then I'd like to glass a different tunnel over top of the shocks and radius arms.
20190902_183339.jpg

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
after taking off even more fiberglass I riveted an aluminum belly pan. I would like to glass 2 tunnels (yellow) under the belly as well as across the belly. then I'd like to glass a different tunnel over top of the shocks and radius arms. View attachment 361354
Looking good!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've not forgot about the ole girl.. there is now an 08 sno pro in my life! this took some attention.. after a few weeks of dialing in the sx, and a little bit of harvesting, I've got the sno pro out and the JAG back in!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
getting the glass finished up motor side. going to tie up some stuff up under the belly next

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It's been crazy busy and the fiberglassing has been slow. I managed to get a small bit done today. we're working when it's warm enough to lay fiberglass and when its rainy or cold the fiberglass takes forever to cure. here's what I managed today. I'm happy to be on the belly pan and hopefully get all this looking decent before I install the Polaris motor.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts