Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
this evening I finished up the hard part of a new steering setup. it doesn't seem like I've gotten much accomplished for the amount of time I've spent re doing this but the rest should go easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
just finished up the steering WOW! very much improved! once I tie all this up i'll have a crash course in fiberglass, adjust suspension, install engine. the ole JAG might make it out before the first snow!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Check out the bulk head where I've taken a lot of material out... this will be addressed if course as well as making new heim joint tubes for a couple of the linkages

Attachments

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Check out the bulk head where I've taken a lot of material out... this will be addressed if course as well as making new heim joint tubes for a couple of the linkages
Its coming along nicely.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
pretty excited to get back home this weekend and get working on the ole JAG! today I started off tidying up the steering. im not even concerned about testing it out, I'm super happy with it. I also had to weld under the bulk head to tie up the front end. hopefully I won't encounter any stress cracks. it seems plenty good but I won't know until it's going. with all this tied up I got ready to fiberglass. I've riveted some aluminum to the pan that I plan to glass over. I'd take any advice at this point, as I've never laid fiberglass before. 20190902_125820.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
after taking off even more fiberglass I riveted an aluminum belly pan. I would like to glass 2 tunnels (yellow) under the belly as well as across the belly. then I'd like to glass a different tunnel over top of the shocks and radius arms.
20190902_183339.jpg

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
after taking off even more fiberglass I riveted an aluminum belly pan. I would like to glass 2 tunnels (yellow) under the belly as well as across the belly. then I'd like to glass a different tunnel over top of the shocks and radius arms. View attachment 361354
Looking good!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've not forgot about the ole girl.. there is now an 08 sno pro in my life! this took some attention.. after a few weeks of dialing in the sx, and a little bit of harvesting, I've got the sno pro out and the JAG back in!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
getting the glass finished up motor side. going to tie up some stuff up under the belly next

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It's been crazy busy and the fiberglassing has been slow. I managed to get a small bit done today. we're working when it's warm enough to lay fiberglass and when its rainy or cold the fiberglass takes forever to cure. here's what I managed today. I'm happy to be on the belly pan and hopefully get all this looking decent before I install the Polaris motor.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm not terribly excited how the inner belly pan looks but it seems strong and functional. the exterior fiberglass laid out much smoother and should look better. hopefully I'll be able to work on the exterior tomorrow and be able to work on the engine this week. 20191117_160602.jpg 20191117_160353.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ah... just finish up my crash course in body work. there's plenty that needs done but I think I'll skip ahead to installing the engine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The donor motor has been pulled! It was a real shame to part out such a fine machine, but alas, the parts were clearly destined for greater ends

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
In all seriousness, this was THE best donor! supposedly the engine was rebuilt down to the crank seals. It ran good enough I thought I might actually freshen it up mechanically, no matter how rough it looked. I started diving in and the skid was completely shot as well as chain case gears. I didn't dig much deeper. I also hated the idea of parting out a sled that functioned nicely just for the engine.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
My buddy had one with 17000 on it. Sled itself was getting tired

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That's awesome! I'm super excited to try this ole girl out! I didn't think I could get the f/a 340 past 50mph. for sure hoping for some reliable trail riding out of this old girl!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts