Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was greasing the cat's tonight and can only find one zerk on the clutch side of my 99 zr7 and 06 z570? Am I missing something? And just so I know which is the jackshaft and which is the driveshaft? Also a zerk on my 570 came out when i removed the grease gun, like it wasn't even screwed in, I tried for the life of me and the damn thing will not thread in far enough to stay in there, what do i do?

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZcatR @ Nov 14 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was greasing the cat's tonight and can only find one zerk on the clutch side of my 99 zr7 and 06 z570? Am I missing something? And just so I know which is the jackshaft and which is the driveshaft? Also a zerk on my 570 came out when i removed the grease gun, like it wasn't even screwed in, I tried for the life of me and the damn thing will not thread in far enough to stay in there, what do i do?[/b]
The jack shaft is the shaft that the driven clutch is on and the drive shaft runs through the track. I can't remember for sure but I think the grease zerk on the drive shaft is a press in type. Look at it real close and see if it has threads or just ridges. If it has ridges you can try a new grease zerk and if it still won't stay in I would try a small tack weld to keep it in. Maybe someone else will have an idea on this.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i think all the ac grease fittings are press in. i snapped a couple in the suspension and the on that greases the bearing for the jackshaft. i drilled them out and put the threaded kind in.

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZcatR @ Nov 15 2009, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does the primary clutch need grease?[/b]
NOOOOO!!!!!! Don't put grease/wd40 or anything else oily on your clutches!!!!!! Clean them up with air compressor and if you put anything at all on them maybe some dry graphite. If they are greasy already use brake cleaner or something like that, that doesn't leave an oily film.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops, let me rephrase that last question, is there a grease zerk for the primary, I am thinking that there isn't, but just want to be sure.

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZcatR @ Nov 15 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
oops, let me rephrase that last question, is there a grease zerk for the primary, I am thinking that there isn't, but just want to be sure.[/b]
The only grease zerks I know about is the one on the speedo drive under secondary clutch,front spindles and the rear skid unit has a couple in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts