Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the jackshaft out of the f7. Now I'm not sure how the clutch side bearing comes off. Does it have to be pressed? Which direction does it even come off? Does it slide towards the clutch, or go all the way back towards the chaincase side. Both ends have spacers or whatever they're called, so not really sure which way to try getting it off. Thanks for any help or tips on getting it off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummmm, you kind of lost me on that one. I already have the jackshaft out of the sled and on the workbench. The bearing on the clutch side is still on and I don't know how to get it off of the shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
It is a pressfit. Comes off to the clutch side (shortest distance). TO aide in putting it back on put the jackshaft in the freezer over night and keep the bearing in some warmth. Use a lube (wd40 will work) and put it on the shaft. Then just gently knock the bearing into place (box end wrench with the rags to soften the blow will work).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Does that mean that I have to take it to a shop to have it pressed off, or can I try and beat it off? It was just hard to tell how the spacer that is up against it was supposed to come off. Hopefully there is a way to get it off without taking it in because I would rather have this thing back together this weekend. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just went through all the bearings on my 03' F7 and it's a pain to remove all four. The clutch side bearing is pressed onto the shaft and so is the brass collar. To get the clutch spacing correct the bearing and brass spacer have to be pressed onto the shaft making sure that they are 4.1 inches from the shaft end. The 04' manual states " Slide the spacer onto the shaft until it contacts the bearing; then using a suitable bearing press fixture, press the bearing and spacer onto the shaft until the spacer is 10.4 cm (4.1 in.) in from the end
of the shaft." I didn't have the manual or press at time of removal and had to cut both, spacer and bearing, off. Hope this helps... Side note the bottom chain side bearing at the drive shaft for the track seemed fine but when I removed it, it was cracked so just something to look into.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
VERY common problem on all 03 Firecats. (chaincase bearings)

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
heres the fix, right here link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts