Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out just got my scorpion its preety neat and goes like STINK, its got a custom built aluminium intake made at a wheel shop, with twing mikuni carbs and a 440 cuyuna engine on a 400 machine, its a very light sled with more power than needed theres just a couple of inperfections on the sled otherwise i thought i got a good deal for what i paid for :tongue_nana: [attachment=62441:JAVA_PUP_160.jpg][attachment=62440:JAVA_PUP_157.jpg][attachmen
t=62442:JAVA_PUP_158.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yup nice sled. And yes Arctic Cat's el tigre was replaced by the Scorpian sidewinder there for a while. Identical sleds on colours were different. Still was running cats 440 liquid suzuki spirit. But we know the el tigre would always win :tongue_nana:
:beer_cheers: MATT

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i was looking around and found out that Scorpion was bought by Arctic INC. in 1978 so they owned the scorpion plant in minesota, the scorpion sidewinder was basically a red El tigre, scorpion and cat are owned by the company :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Arctic Enterprises (parent of the original Arctic Cat), did in fact buy Scorpion in the late '70s, with Arctic Enterprises going bankrupt in the early 80's. Ultimately, the rights to the Scorpion name (in context of snowmobiles) did not get transfered to the current Arctic Cat, which emerged from bankruptcy as "Arctco", who eventually changed it's name to the current "Arctic Cat".

I'm not sure who owns the rights to the Scorpion name now, though I suspect it might be Parts Unlimited (I think that the name).

·
Registered
474 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kwright @ Feb 10 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Arctic Enterprises (parent of the original Arctic Cat), did in fact buy Scorpion in the late '70s, with Arctic Enterprises going bankrupt in the early 80's. Ultimately, the rights to the Scorpion name (in context of snowmobiles) did not get transfered to the current Arctic Cat, which emerged from bankruptcy as "Arctco", who eventually changed it's name to the current "Arctic Cat".

I'm not sure who owns the rights to the Scorpion name now, though I suspect it might be Parts Unlimited (I think that the name).[/b]

Certified Parts Corporation at one time owned the rights to the Cat parts line and the Scorpion Parts lines when both went under. Arctco bought the old Cat parts back from CPC around 1986 after they got back on their feet again and were able to come up with the cash. I never did figure out how that crew of guys got the Scorpion name on those IFS sleds in the late 90's. That company choked from legal hurdles and general naivete about the Biz. Like you gotta have an engine supplier lined up before you sign up dealers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.