1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
97/98 ZRT or 98 T-cat will work.

Kinda like driving the boat around and having the fish jump in ahh?

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
That T-cat looks to be in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That T-cat looks to be in pretty good shape.
It's not bad. Everything is there and it runs good. Just another owner that didn't know what WD-40 can do for a sled. It will need a lot of cleaning, wire brush, and some paint touch up.

97/98 ZRT or 98 T-cat will work.
My comment was sarcasm, lol.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
So you bought two or three sleds?? I take you are going to use the bare chassis for a tunnel extension??

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So you bought two or three sleds?? I take you are going to use the bare chassis for a tunnel extension??
3...roger that.

Here's the plan. The ZR is a donor to the 900 Tcat for:
- a arms/shocks
- handlebars
- skid
- 13 gal tank - hopefully

97 chassis is for a tunnel extension. It has a few other parts I can probably sell, not much though. Check out these pipes that were in the chassis...what are some people thinking, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Picked up these skids also.

Will remove the extensions from the older skid and use them for the 900. A guy spent some money on this skid and had it mounted in a Yamaha. It has Elka reservoir shocks on it. Never heard of them before, but research shows they are high end shocks. I'll be selling it to pay for both skids. :wink

Though I've had a personal preference for solid rails over extensions for this job, there's a method to my madness this time. Eventually, the 136" skid in my '98 Tcat will probably go in the 900.

The other skid is a 144" from a twin spar touring sled. If all goes well, I will be installing that in my '98. All of the wheels/bearings are like new, but all the arms will have to be blasted and coated. That is a project that probably won't happen til spring though...just not enough time this fall. So, I'll go with extensions on the 900 for now, saving me a little bit of work (relocating brackets) so I can spend as much time as possible making this sled trail-worthy by December.

Finally, when I stretch my '98 to 144", I'll use the tunnel from the ZR for an extension. I really CANNOT wait to ride this chassis, with AGLT, AND a 144" Slide Action skid!! I had wondered about this before, but talking with Jeff this week pushed me over the edge...peer pressure!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Picked up these skids also.

Will remove the extensions from the older skid and use them for the 900. A guy spent some money on this skid and had it mounted in a Yamaha. It has Elka reservoir shocks on it. Never heard of them before, but research shows they are high end shocks. I'll be selling it to pay for both skids. :wink

Though I've had a personal preference for solid rails over extensions for this job, there's a method to my madness this time. Eventually, the 136" skid in my '98 Tcat will probably go in the 900.

The other skid is a 144" from a twin spar touring sled. If all goes well, I will be installing that in my '98. All of the wheels/bearings are like new, but all the arms will have to be blasted and coated. That is a project that probably won't happen til spring though...just not enough time this fall. So, I'll go with extensions on the 900 for now, saving me a little bit of work (relocating brackets) so I can spend as much time as possible making this sled trail-worthy by December.

Finally, when I stretch my '98 to 144", I'll use the tunnel from the ZR for an extension. I really CANNOT wait to ride this chassis, with AGLT, AND a 144" Slide Action skid!! I had wondered about this before, but talking with Jeff this week pushed me over the edge...peer pressure!!!!
Peer Pressure. If thats the case when are you going to get a Hooper 1270 and stick in that T-cat??? lol.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
haha, looks like you found WORK for yourself, but when a deal is a deal, its hard to say no!
I look forward to seeing what all you get done and do to these! keep the progress and pic's a coming

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, looks like you found WORK for yourself, but when a deal is a deal, its hard to say no!
I look forward to seeing what all you get done and do to these! keep the progress and pic's a coming
Hopefully it will look nearly as nice as yours!!

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Or open trailered thru salt. That happens a lot here in NY state. Lots of salt and brine. Brine is brutal on everything including glossy plastic windshields!!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty solid. It just has that surface rust everywhere because someone didn't wash it after each ride.
again if you never used POR 15, I highly recommend it, in the Gloss Black, it when done right stops rust from ever getting worse or coming back and it wears like Iron, do a little looking at this stuff, I doubt you will find any negatives on it

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Forgot to mention (Al), i also picked up a pair of Powder Pro skis for this one.
I hope you got them for a good price?? I was thinking about some thing. Why dont you use the tunnel from the ZR3 for the extension and keep the Zrt chassis whole for a back up or another future project??

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the skis, carbides, and loops for 100.00. They were close to where I bought everything else, and I just happened to see them on CL the night before I left.

I'm figuring I'll have to extend the '98 tunnel to use the 144" skid. Maybe I won't though...I'll have to take a closer look. If I do, I'll remove the current extension on the '98, and make a longer one from the ZR3. That leaves the bare chassis for the 900. Would be nice if the 144" would fit without modifying the '98 though.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts