Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wifes 2008 F5 LXR pulled some studs and it poked the front exchanger bummer. So repair went well and we decided to try a new kind of track, a Camoplast Ice Attack with built in studs. I ordered it from TracksUSA and it arrived fine. Now I am trying to get it in ASAP so we can get one last trip to camp, when I went to put the skid in and the rear axle I found that the rear axle outside wheels are rubbing hard against the alignment bumps on inside of the track.
Call TrackUSA and tell them the situation and they informed me that I needed to order an axle kit that has a longer axle and new spacers. OK well the description online said nothing about this possibly being a problem. So I OVERNIGHT it so I can do it last night and have time to test run it and be sure antifreeze is all burp'd and such.

I get the axle kit last night and install it, granted its late and im not intown. I go to put the axle bolts on the ends and they don't fit! Damm the new axle takes different size bolts. You would think the kit would come with it. You would think at min the guy I spoke to on the phone would say you need to X size bolts....

So if you look to get a Ice Attack track for an older sled call and ask if you need the axle kit and ask if it comes with the bolts...

Rant over

~ Phil

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Yep. Ordered rail extensions from them a couple summers ago for my Z1. I had to do some machining on the extensions to allow the axle to move forward enough, and they also did not mention the axle spacers to me. Had to find out the hard way. Seems they would have that notated on their site.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup next time im looking for a track (which I do like the Camo Ice Attack) I will shop around. If your not a super agressive rider and only want picks for safety when its icey like lakes then this is the track for you. Its ligher and quieter running and for my wife she says the sled steers easier now. Could be we did not have long enough carbides on skiis for the number of picks it had but its better for her so Im happy.

~ Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts