Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C&P FROM ATV FORUM.

I was just reading this post, and I thought I'd make a couple corrections. With the exception of the 650 Suzuki makes the AC engines, not Kawasaki. Suzuki owns a large portion of Cat, and supplies almost all their engines.
Polaris makes all their own twins, so the 700 and 800 are made right here in the US. The single cylinder engines are made by Fuji.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Fuji makes the single and liberty motors makes the twins for poo poo's
Suzuki makes the 400, 500, 700 Cat engines
650 H1 is made by Cat
650v2 Kawi (no longer in production)
250 Cat made by Kymco

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It should be noted that Cat's plan is to produce all of their own engines at some point. Not clear on what timeframe they are looking at, but they have built a production facility here in MN just for engines, so I wouldn't think it would be more than a few years (gotta get the line set, the R+D done, and contracts need to expire).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know all that i am asken abouth the suzuki owning a large part of cat!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
hmmm.... interesting about Zuki

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Suzuki owns about 32% now, it did own more but suzuki bought back a large amount of shares a while back and intends to buy more of their company back as they can. You are wrong about the 650 motors, suzuki never made any arctic cat 650 motor. Kawasaki made the 650 which was a V-twin and then in 05 arctic cat released their 650 H1 which is a single. 06 was the last year they built the 650 kawie powered atv and now the only 650 is the H1 by arctic cat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts