Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has an 06 F5 Sno Pro in the crate for $6000. Is this a good deal? Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
?? rv sports
Same sled... Same price
Save $1000.00 on the same year M-5 141 ATTACK
Add $200.00 for same year XF-6
There's some SCREAMIN deals out there if your willing to travel a bit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VintageCatMan @ Jan 10 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My local dealer has an 06 F5 Sno Pro in the crate for $6000. Is this a good deal? Any suggestions? Thanks.[/b]

not really, leftover and used sleds are cheap with the changing chassis. Firecats are dirt cheap!

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it was a 600 or 700 then it would be a good deal, but with this winter a new F5 sould be selling for like $4800 to $5000 or even less than that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much is reasonable for a 2007 F7? i don't know much about sleds in general, and i don't know if carbs or EFI's are better, and if i should go with a sno pro, but i would like info on how to bargain with the dealer and not get ripped off. Any recent purchase amounts would be great and advice on the models and how much i should pay would be great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Up here in Canada my buddy just picked up a left over' 06'F6 SP (orange) with 0 miles for $6400 CND so considering all these american prices, I guess he got a good deal. Oh and thats after tax!

·
Registered
385 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnnybazookajoe @ Jan 10 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How much is reasonable for a 2007 F7? i don't know much about sleds in general, and i don't know if carbs or EFI's are better, and if i should go with a sno pro, but i would like info on how to bargain with the dealer and not get ripped off. Any recent purchase amounts would be great and advice on the models and how much i should pay would be great.[/b]
sorry man...no F7s in 2007. if you want an F7 you will have to go with a 2006. 2007 it changed to the new chassis and its now a F8. my advise for a good time to go to a dealer would be at the end of the month. they have to pay more money for the sleds they own at the beginning of the month, so they are more willing to get rid of it at the end of the month. go around to a couple of dealers and see whos got the best prices and just negotiate with them a little. then you be the judge. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there a big difference between the 2006 F series and the 2007 F series in terms of relaibility and design? i'm leaning towards a 2006 F7, perhaps a sno pro. i would appreciate the prices people paid for these and any help on bargaining tips for buying snowmobiles.

·
Registered
385 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnnybazookajoe @ Jan 10 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is there a big difference between the 2006 F series and the 2007 F series in terms of relaibility and design? i'm leaning towards a 2006 F7, perhaps a sno pro. i would appreciate the prices people paid for these and any help on bargaining tips for buying snowmobiles.[/b]
the 2006 firecats were the best and most reliable firecats made. you can feel real secure buying one of those. the designs are a lot different. the 2007 is the new twin spar chassis. imo its mainly a trail sled. i would deff go with the 2006. a lot cheaper and a sharper quicker sled. i bought a F5 so i cant really help you with the F7 price. i would think you could get a F7 sno pro for around 6500 to 7000 or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat26 @ Jan 10 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnnybazookajoe @ Jan 10 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there a big difference between the 2006 F series and the 2007 F series in terms of relaibility and design? i'm leaning towards a 2006 F7, perhaps a sno pro. i would appreciate the prices people paid for these and any help on bargaining tips for buying snowmobiles.[/b]
the 2006 firecats were the best and most reliable firecats made. you can feel real secure buying one of those. the designs are a lot different. the 2007 is the new twin spar chassis. imo its mainly a trail sled. i would deff go with the 2006. a lot cheaper and a sharper quicker sled. i bought a F5 so i cant really help you with the F7 price. i would think you could get a F7 sno pro for around 6500 to 7000 or so.
[/b][/quote]

i'm not a serious rider, mostly trails and lakes, and not too high of speeds the majority of the time. what would you say a reasonable price for an F5 would be?

·
Registered
385 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnnybazookajoe @ Jan 11 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat26 @ Jan 10 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnnybazookajoe @ Jan 10 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

i'm not a serious rider, mostly trails and lakes, and not too high of speeds the majority of the time. what would you say a reasonable price for an F5 would be?
[/b][/quote]

a reasonable price for a new 2006 F5 sno pro would be around 5500. if you arnt a serious rider and just go on trails and lakes, i would suggest getting a standard F5 and not a sno pro. you can get that for under 5000.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2006 F5 std = $5,200 OTD (bought Oct 2006)
2006 F7 efi std = $6.300 OTD (bought Oct 2007)

Both were brand new from AC dealers. You can find a way better deal on the '06 F5!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.