Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Your best method og getting reverse is a 2007 version. You may have some luck looking on places like e-Bay for a diamond drive from a 2007 that has been in a wreck. You could aslo go to a dealer and purchase a new diamond drive for a 2007, you will still have to rig up a control button.

Another significant challenge you will have is with the electrical output from your 2006 which I believe is much lower than the 2007. The 2007 has a higher rated electrical output just for the reverse solenoid.

Check the Arcticcat.com site for the electrical specs for the 2006 and the 2007.

·
Registered
695 Posts
what is this reverse jargon everyone is so fascinated with on this site, i guess i'm old school ... :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mesoam @ Mar 15 2007, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what is this reverse jargon everyone is so fascinated with on this site, i guess i'm old school ... :p[/b]

Nothing wrong with being old school but for us softies, reverse is a good option. I can get a great deal on a 06 xfire 600 but but with no reverse its no good to me . I have a hard enough time getting my z440 off the trailer by dragging it and would rather spend time riding than in the hospital with a pulled back . If one is in a tight corner , its easier to throw it in reverse than to get off the machine and drag and pull it out of the situation . I also have a touring machine with reverse and can not imagine ridding without it Since I can not find an 07 leftover looks like I might have to look at the 08.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I seen I think a Swedish company making reverse. I think they have developed a recoil that will start you engine in reverse. Theres a lever that must be pulled while the sled is off, starts in reverse and must be turned off again and restarted.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JoeB @ Mar 15 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a hard enough time getting my z440 off the trailer by dragging it and would rather spend time riding than in the hospital with a pulled back.[/b]
Let me give you my 'unloading sled off trailer' advice as I've got aggravated back problems too. First of all, Always observe the parking lot and decide where you want your sled on the ground. Stop right there and unload your sled right on the spot and drive the vehicle/trailer approx. 30 feet away from the sleds then you're off to a good start for the day.

If you missed your desired point...You can always drive ahead until you find a spot to turn around and ride back to the missed point...Again, You're good to go !. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Mar 18 2007, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JoeB @ Mar 15 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a hard enough time getting my z440 off the trailer by dragging it and would rather spend time riding than in the hospital with a pulled back.[/b]
Let me give you my 'unloading sled off trailer' advice as I've got aggravated back problems too. First of all, Always observe the parking lot and decide where you want your sled on the ground. Stop right there and unload your sled right on the spot and drive the vehicle/trailer approx. 30 feet away from the sleds then you're off to a good start for the day.

If you missed your desired point...You can always drive ahead until you find a spot to turn around and ride back to the missed point...Again, You're good to go !. :D :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]

Or you could just buy a trailer with a v-nose so you can just drive them off!! na na

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alberta Buffalo @ Mar 14 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your best method og getting reverse is a 2007 version. You may have some luck looking on places like e-Bay for a diamond drive from a 2007 that has been in a wreck. You could aslo go to a dealer and purchase a new diamond drive for a 2007, you will still have to rig up a control button.

Another significant challenge you will have is with the electrical output from your 2006 which I believe is much lower than the 2007. The 2007 has a higher rated electrical output just for the reverse solenoid.

Check the Arcticcat.com site for the electrical specs for the 2006 and the 2007.[/b]

huge expensive and have to change everything,and then it is probably still not gonna work or fit.your best bet is to save that money and put towards a 2007

·
Registered
942 Posts
AC has upgrades availabe on some of the 2008 snowmobiles to the LXR (Electric Start & Reverse) model.

The discounts are available for spring orders. Read the fine print under the Nightfire posts. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts