Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned for 8 years and have near zero issues with it while racking up only 100 - 200 miles per year on it. I went out for a long ride yesterday and it ran great, however, over the last last few miles, it seemed to loose power. Still sounds normal, but clearly isn't right. It doesn't owe me anything after all these years, but if not to serious, I would like to keep her running as she is in pretty good condition otherwise. Any suggestions? Any manuals out there someone is willing to share? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, will ck. I dd the carbs a couple of years ago and am always carefull to use seafoam and start off season to keep clear. Only use rec fuel too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, one plug was a little wet, compression 125 each side. Good ignition. Moving on to a potentially leaking float valve. The exhaust pipe is starting to deteriorate at the engine mount. The sled seems to have more oil in the exhaust than would be expected. Consumption of oil may be a little high, but with the limited miles I put on it, I can't really tell other than to look at the exhaust color.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The wet plug, which is probably also black, would be an indication of a rich condition. A rich running engine will have more black goo, or residue in the exhaust. Seafoam in the fuel is not enough to service the carbs properly. The carbs should be disassembled and cleaned at the start of each season.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the season is about over for us here now, so I am working on them as we speak. I am glad the sled still has life!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hard to kill the old sleds and they are a lot easyer to work on than these new ones for sure!!! Good luck!! You'll get it that's great compression for the year, watch the crank seals and intake boots!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts