Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity. Is it possilbe to put the speedo and rpm gauge from a Firecat onto my '98 ZR 500 and have it be fully functioning?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I have though about this also. Using the setup from the T660 Turbo. Not to sure about the Tach. Does it work on impulse like the older sleds or is it part of the computer set up. I know the speedo drive is totally different with the electronic trigger on the drive shaft clutch side. Will be interesting to learn if this works. I would cover on hole in the Dash with this gauge and the other with a Digatron. Tach, speedo, water temp and three egt's, all in the dash. Can't see why it wouldn't, worked on a carbureted F7.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I have this on my 04' 900. It seems to work fine. The tach just picks up pulses from the magneto (3 pulse) and the speedo works from the sensor I used from the T660. I glued the magnet onto the end of the driveshaft where the old speedo connected. I used a wiring harness from ebay also. All in all it wasn't that complicated once I figured out the wiring and load requirements. My stator is 200w so that helps.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts