Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to keep this a place for people to come and share idea's and get helpful information?
I'm starting to think some of you out there need to take up quilt making so you can sit around and have a big gossip and $%^&*ing session.
Be apart of the solution and not the problem.
If you where to make a product and 99% of your customers where happy and there was 1% that no matter what you did was going to sit around and complain no matter what you did, what would you do?
You are known as the 1% group that companys whould rather go away.
I know it is easy to bench race or be an arm chair quarterback but enough already.
Like mom always said "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"
Artic Cat should be commended for their efforts in bringing us such awesome equipment. Is it perfect? no but it is pretty dam* good and with a litle work it could be almost perfect.
Please don't hyjack this sit go back to snowest where all the generation y road rage types can sit behind their computer and finger point with zero helpful information.
M2C

Be apart of the solution, Not the problem! badcomputer

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brad t @ Jan 18 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would it be possible to keep this a place for people to come and share idea's and get helpful information?
I'm starting to think some of you out there need to take up quilt making so you can sit around and have a big gossip and $%^&*ing session.
If you where to make a product and 99% of your customers where happy and there was 1% that no matter what you did was going to sit around and complain no matter what you did, what would you do?
I know it is easy to bench race or be an arm chair quarterback but enough already.
Like mom always said "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"
Artic Cat should be commended for their efforts in bringing us such awesome equipment. Is it perfect? no but it is pretty dam* good and with a litle work it could be almost perfect.
Please don't hyjack this sit go back to snowest where all the generation y road rage types can sit behind their computer and finger point with zero helpful information.
M2C

Be apart of the solution, Not the problem! badcomputer[/b]

I guess the solution is to make a thread complaining about the complaining threads..... :sure_ok:

It's all fine and dandy until you are the one that has an issue that needs to be resolved.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Member's posts are sometimes a lot like products.

It's just the nature of people really... No one is perfect, just like the vehicles. So posts aren't going to be perfect 100% of the time either.

I'd suggest just ignoring it. As long as members follow site rules, they're welcome to post their opinions. In many cases, those opinions can be percieved as whining. But that is also just an opinion. That whining might be considered a testimony of experiences to others.

:chug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Keweenaw @ Jan 18 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brad t @ Jan 18 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
M2C

Be apart of the solution, Not the problem! badcomputer[/b]

I guess the solution is to make a thread complaining about the complaining threads..... :sure_ok:

It's all fine and dandy until you are the one that has an issue that needs to be resolved.
[/b][/quote]

So I quess you think or you are saying that I have never had an issue? We are dealing with pieces of machinery that always has the ability to break. My point is that standing on a chair and crying for a sucker is not the way to get things done. Act like a mature person and you will get treated like one.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
OK guys... I can see how this whole thing might go in a direction no one wants. So let's just post carefully from this point on please.

:chug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not my intension of this post.
I have been a member of another site since 2001 and during that time I did not ride an Arctic Cat it was something else.
I rode with several types of people and machines and that site was very helpful in getting and giving good information. If you where planning on a trip to a different state you could quickly get info to help with set up and save time and money which in turn would make your trip that much more enjoyable. Now it seems like you have to spend hours weeding through all of the BS to find the information that is acurate and this hurts everyone.

I just don't want to see this site go in that same direction.
I was hoping this would be viewed in a positive light and not the other way around.
Like the previous reply suggested this is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brad t @ Jan 18 2007, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is not my intension of this post.[/b]
I understand perfectly.

I'm just throwing that comment out there because from past experience I can see the potential for the topic to go in the wrong direction.

No worries. :chug:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I belive that sites like this and others are usefull when there are issues. They allow consumers to be better informed about the products that we purchase. There is a lot of useful information on here, some not so good. I try to stick to the facts. They never lie, and photos do help prove the facts.

I learned of the melting issue on the M8's before I got to ride my sled for the first time. This knowledge allowed me to take some precautions before I had any major issues.

Years ago on another site, there was a member that actullay worked for Arctic Cat, and was a great resource for infromation. I also feel that he was able to get a feel for the real world issues by conversing it the general consumer. Too bad someone had to call him out on an issue that he could not control, and he chose to stop posting.

The point that I am trying to make is that consumers that share information in a constructive manner can make for a better product in the long run, if someone is listening.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 18 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I belive that sites like this and others are usefull when there are issues. They allow consumers to be better informed about the products that we purchase. There is a lot of useful information on here, some not so good. I try to stick to the facts. They never lie, and photos do help prove the facts.

I learned of the melting issue on the M8's before I got to ride my sled for the first time. This knowledge allowed me to take some precautions before I had any major issues.

Years ago on another site, there was a member that actullay worked for Arctic Cat, and was a great resource for infromation. I also feel that he was able to get a feel for the real world issues by conversing it the general consumer. Too bad someone had to call him out on an issue that he could not control, and he chose to stop posting.

The point that I am trying to make is that consumers that share information in a constructive manner can make for a better product in the long run, if someone is listening.[/b]
Same thing happened on this site too... An A/C factory engineer came on board for product issues and such. All of a sudden the HEAT on this site got turned up, and even with ALL the protection for the MODERATORS here he still only lasted less than 2 weeks and BAILED OUT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This web site is a fantastic forum to share useful information and personal experiences around our common bond, which is Arctic Cat. When emotion gets involved with a bad experience, words can get thrown around that may not be solution based, but rather anger venting. Its all normal human behavior, let the storm pass and enjoy the ride. I know Arctic Cat is concentrating on a solution for the M8 heat issues, I know this because a Tech. rep called me last night and talked about my problem for almost an hour. When I called AC, I did not call to log a complaint about the issue, but rather make available the useful information and data as I recalled them for the engineering dept. It took 3 days to finally hear from someone who could ask the right questions and foward the information to the right department. But that is the reality of the size of the company that produces the epuipment that we all have in common. These guys and gals at AC in the tech dept. are there for us to fix or improve the products that we have. I will stay in contact with the rep that I spoke with from here on out, I was able to determine that he knew sleds on a user basis, and that it was important for him to get this resolved to my satisfaction. I am not worried in the least about my dealership or AC resolving the heat issue on my sled. If I miss a couple of rides due to this malfunction, oh well, Ill get over it. When the problem is resolved, look out, POWDER HOUND GONE WILD! I feel grateful to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 18 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 18 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point that I am trying to make is that consumers that share information in a constructive manner can make for a better product in the long run, if someone is listening.[/b]
Same thing happened on this site too... An A/C factory engineer came on board for product issues and such. All of a sudden the HEAT on this site got turned up, and even with ALL the protection for the MODERATORS here he still only lasted less than 2 weeks and BAILED OUT.
[/b][/quote]

This is exactly my point of this post! By working together we can accomplish way more. Sitting back and throwing bombs by a few hurts us all.
Where else have we been able to have a direct line to the factory?
In 04 I purchased a snowhawk and it was the first year for the long track and the same thing happened where the engineer just stopped replying.

Thanks for the great comments!

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mprindles99zr700 @ Jan 18 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This web site is a fantastic forum to share useful information and personal experiences around our common bond, which is Arctic Cat. When emotion gets involved with a bad experience, words can get thrown around that may not be solution based, but rather anger venting. Its all normal human behavior, let the storm pass and enjoy the ride. I know Arctic Cat is concentrating on a solution for the M8 heat issues, I know this because a Tech. rep called me last night and talked about my problem for almost an hour. When I called AC, I did not call to log a complaint about the issue, but rather make available the useful information and data as I recalled them for the engineering dept. It took 3 days to finally hear from someone who could ask the right questions and foward the information to the right department. But that is the reality of the size of the company that produces the epuipment that we all have in common. These guys and gals at AC in the tech dept. are there for us to fix or improve the products that we have. I will stay in contact with the rep that I spoke with from here on out, I was able to determine that he knew sleds on a user basis, and that it was important for him to get this resolved to my satisfaction. I am not worried in the least about my dealership or AC resolving the heat issue on my sled. If I miss a couple of rides due to this malfunction, oh well, Ill get over it. When the problem is resolved, look out, POWDER HOUND GONE WILD! I feel grateful to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.[/b]
I only have one exception to the above statement. If I miss a couple of rides, that may be the end of the riding season for me. Here in MN we have not had very good winters in the past couple of years. We have not been able to count on reliable snow depths that stay arround for more than a couple of days.

As I stated before I try to stick to the facts. How hard would it be for AC to have someone monitor sites like these? My guess is that they already do.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 18 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How hard would it be for AC to have someone monitor sites like these? My guess is that they already do.[/b]
Yes, I know for a fact they do. But this site is privatley owned & operated... So as much as I wish they participated by actively posting, they don't.

I don't blame them though, it's too easy to be cornered by a forum mob and lose even if they did nothing wrong and were only trying to help. I watched it happen on another site.

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Jan 18 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 18 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How hard would it be for AC to have someone monitor sites like these? My guess is that they already do.[/b]
Yes, I know for a fact they do. But this site is privatley owned & operated... So as much as I wish they participated by actively posting, they don't.

I don't blame them though, it's too easy to be cornered by a forum mob and lose even if they did nothing wrong and were only trying to help. I watched it happen on another site.
[/b][/quote]

Yep, when the mob gets unruly things get out of hand quickly, and we all end up loosing a great resource.

I still think that if any of the monitors from AC would see the need, they could send a message to a poster via a PM. Just put a disclaimer about privacy, and the message is only intended for recipient, etc. If nothing else but to give contact information to the HQ’s customer relations department so they can pass on the information to the appropriate personel.

I know that I would be adult enough to follow the rules of engagement

·
Registered
52 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 19 2007, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Jan 18 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yep, when the mob gets unruly things get out of hand quickly, and we all end up loosing a great resource.

I still think that if any of the monitors from AC would see the need, they could send a message to a poster via a PM. Just put a disclaimer about privacy, and the message is only intended for recipient, etc. If nothing else but to give contact information to the HQ’s customer relations department so they can pass on the information to the appropriate personel.

[/b][/quote]
I like that idea. Plus I think it would end the cycle of complaining about complaining when you know AC is on the case
JM2C

PS: Thanks to the AC guys that are monitoring
:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cam @ Jan 19 2007, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6Mile @ Jan 19 2007, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Jan 18 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
I like that idea. Plus I think it would end the cycle of complaining about complaining when you know AC is on the case
JM2C

PS: Thanks to the AC guys that are monitoring
:beer_cheers:
[/b][/quote]

Yeah thanks AC guy(s). :beer_cheers: I'd buy you one if you weren't on a covert op.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Uhmm..was this about A/C or the forums? I seem to have missed something, but alas I usually do I guess.lol
I dunno

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 M8 a couple of weeks ago. I love it! it rides very smooth and has power up the wazoo! Wicked sled man no problems here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts