Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm in love.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I see they are resurecting the older sled names (eltigre, ZR)

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I'm let down.....
123-125 hp...we had that in older 600 engines
Requires special oil (who knows how much that will be....)
No RR package

And:
500 SnoPro stays the same for another season

The Viper looks better with it's slight body changes than the ZR 7000 does IMHO....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm let down.....
No RR package

And:

The Viper looks better with it's slight body changes than the ZR 7000 does IMHO....
Sounds most riders will add oil 1 time a season.

I think keeping it to 1 model was smart for a first season engine. Might have been a good Idea for the past couple seasons.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Deliver me back but with 800cc 141 1-3/4" track, air susp, med-high windshield, storage bags, telescopic bars, powder pro ski's, 425lbs dry, all black.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm let down.....
No RR package

And:

Betting that this motor (Cat says most powerfull production 600 they have ever made) will also run on 87 fuel so will be cheap to run and sounds like the oil is also affordable. Less than 50 a gallon canadian so probably 35-40/ gallon U.S. Love it!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice line up for Cat. I'm digging the El Tigre. Not to hip on this special oil deal though,but Doo did the same thing with the E-Tech had chemists come up with a special formula and it turns out that most quality TCW-3 works just fine in them. So the special oil is a ? to me. As far as horsepower goes 123-125 is a good power range for a stock 600 and equal to the 1100 but much lighter with way better throttle response. If the new motor holds up it should be a winner. Maybe even the Cats meow.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im very curious about the 7000, I'm glad they brought back a tripple but in a 4 stroke it'll be interesting to see how it performs! Love the new paint schemes as well!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a nice line up of sleds. I'm in love with the el Tigre. I was just in the middle of working on a deal for a left over 2013
Switchback 600 for my daughter; looks like that's not going to happen now. A 600 with a SnoPro package, electric start, new gauges, storage bag and what appears to be powdercoated slide rails-cool, I'm in. Not to mention no tunnel to polish like the other 3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im very curious about the 7000, I'm glad they brought back a tripple but in a 4 stroke it'll be interesting to see how it performs! Love the new paint schemes as well!
its a yamaha nytro motor with out a turbo and the instrament cluster on it also is yamaha as wellas the cluster on the 6000 el tigre

·
Administrator
2,529 Posts
The new 600 is conservatively rated at 123 hp, the old 600 was 118 hp.
The package is 10 lbs lighter than the f6 engine, 4 of that is from the crankshaft.
New motor is as clean or cleaner than Doo's etec, and will get as good milage unless you are very easily riding at 20 mph.
They're saying that you can see 700 miles from a tank of oil, the new oil is very close in price to apv, and is much better, to the point that you can notice how much easier a cold engine pulls over.

The cluster is designed by cat, along with the ecu. Both are used on the yami powered machine

·
Registered
693 Posts
Totally bad a$$. Cat has thrown down the gauntlet. Lose the Fox floats and the electric start. I hate that $hit.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
looks like it is virtually the same engine as the previous suzuki 600cc, just with one set of spark plugs and the "ARCTIC CAT" vrs the suzuki name. mechanically speaking, fuel injection and the spark seems to be handled differently. the 800cc is the same engine as last year. specs say the oil mixture works out to 65:1 usage vrs 45:1. so not like the E-TEC 100:1 ratio. so im guessing many will have to add oil throughout the year based on fuel usage.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i wonder if Cat would decide to bring back the 2-stroke triple with the new DI technolgoy . seems the market is still craving the need for speed. sure the 4-stroke turbo is awesome, but the sound and weight savings of a DI 2-stroke would awesome!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
When are they going to ditch the darn servor motor cable driven power valves?

And what is the 600 then a true AC built motor or Suzuki motor they are branding as a AC motor built in the US?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Totally bad a$$. Cat has thrown down the gauntlet. Lose the Fox floats and the electric start. I hate that $hit.
agreed but would add:
and the servo/cable driven power valves
and the auto chain adjuster
and the whole mag chain case/oil tank combo

I think I will be avoiding a new cat unfortunately, like the looks just not the mechanicals or ease of working on compared to some of the others and wouldn't buy a first year all new motor of any thing.

Still like to test ride the new 600 cause a 600 is more than anyone needs for HP for anything other than drags or the mountains. Maybe it will change my mind?

·
Registered
693 Posts
agreed but would add:
and the servo/cable driven power valves
and the auto chain adjuster
and the whole mag chain case/oil tank combo

I think I will be avoiding a new cat unfortunately, like the looks just not the mechanicals or ease of working on compared to some of the others and wouldn't buy a first year all new motor of any thing.

Still like to test ride the new 600 cause a 600 is more than anyone needs for HP for anything other than drags or the mountains. Maybe it will change my mind?
Sometimes the pursuit of latest (but not greatest) forces us to put up with crap like this. The big fans of this over-complicated "technology" are those dumba$$ sno-mo magazine ninnies. I hate those butt-kissing advertising dollar suck-ups! Sorry for the rant... I do love the new el tigre and I wouldn't even consider any of the other manufacturers new models. This sled has it goin' on.

Reactions: panther99
1 - 20 of 74 Posts