Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

is anyone else having one of those weekends?

724 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  3x 
#1 ·
you know the ones im talking about, somthing on your sled breaks, you fix it, and ten minutes later something else breaks. im having one of those weekends. i have put ten miles on my sled in the last 3 days and have had the following problems...

broken spark plug cap

hinge bolts on hood rattled out

really bad leak in the radiator

loose lower mount on steering stem

broken y-pipe

blown a belt

unidentified problem with the drivetrain (thought i had it fixed)

blown another belt because of last problem

so now my sled is in the middle of the field and i am waiting for the tractor to warm up so i can go get it.
so my question is... is anyone else having a bad weekend or is it just me? bang your head

See less See more
#3 ·
Not quite as bad as yours, but the trails opened for the first time here this winter. I took thursday, friday off of work to go play. Got out thursday, sled died 50 miles into our ride. Also went through 2 belts. Spent 3/4 of the day Friday getting parts and installing them. $350 in parts. All this for 2 rides. Gonna see 40's this week, can't imagine trails will stay open. I don't understand why I stay in this sport. Things did get better, my 2nd ride went great after putting in the new jug and piston. I figure after parts, gas, oil, beer, food, I spent $500 for 150 miles. bang your head

#4 ·
I got to ride Tues and Wed, about the only time I've had enough snow to ride all season. Wed my pull rope cover broke around 2 bolts and snapped the heads off the others so had to baling wire the thing back on temporarily just to get it started to ride home. Now we're in the mid 40's and the 2'+ of snow I had is almost completely gone. Also this week the locking rear differential in my '92 Bronco exploded while backing out of my driveway to take the kid to the schoolbus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.