Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats's your opinion on a 2003 F5? I have an 04 F6 EFI and I love it, but I thought this would be a good sled for the wife, what's your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've had one since new, and I like it a lot.

For maintenence/ repairs, I've put in 1 coil and 2 fuel gauges. (and one rear bumper because I was stupid) bang your head Other than that, it's been a very good sled. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yea. I like mine. I got mine used but its still pretty good. Clutching and rpm range are off but thats cus of the clutch kit and new gears. I need a new fuel gage 2 but other than that its good.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My wife tried the '05 Sabercat 500 and 600....she took the 600 since it was EFI as well snappier throttle and mid range.....She loves it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
good sled but inspect the aluminum slide rails at the very rear for hairline cracks, [where they are missing the outter wheels] there is a spot where the aluminum is slotted out and very thin and the rails were braking off!!! major problem. cat was covering the cost a couple years ago, but i doubt thay are now. the stupid thing was for a few years they did not improve the replacement ones and I had a buddy that replaced the rails 4 times, ruining a trip up north each time!!! this goes for all 03 f series sleds, Im not sure about 04s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts