Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting an intermittant check engine light that doesn't make much sense to me. I was on some really low snow conditions in Silver City this weekend. Yes, they have no snow yet...........anyways, low snow, which would mean the engine i would think would be running hotter, i get no light. Now on the lake, with 8 inches of snow or better, i would see the light come on, just for abrief second and go out. Even sitting i could rev it up just alittle, sitting still, and see the light come on for just a second and go back out. Some times i could reproduce it, sometimes i couldn't. Not sure what to think of it. I don't really think i'm running hot. Maybe a bad temp sensor? Shorting wire? Not sure. Anyone had or have heard of this problem before. Engine ran fine all weeked, no problems. What should i do?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see some contradicting material on the operation of the check engine light and associated sensors. One part of the book shows that the sensor passes a ground to the ecu, then activates the high temp light. Not the check engine light. But i don't see two sensors? Does one sensor activate the high temp, and the other sensor the check engine light. Anyone know how these are tied together? I also see in the performance manual that 1300 ohms is equal to 72 degrees. So i would think that the ohms change to make the check engine light flash or stay on steady. Anyone with knowledge of the system?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i'm the first to have this problem..................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts