Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find the cheapest carrier, i have two sleds a 600 and 340 both 99. the cheapest i have found is 165 just with liability...what do you guys pay, and through what?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Where are you from? How old? Credit report. All that stuff goes into effect, I did use nationwide but switched to Eire about 1.5 yrs ago only because I could write the kids to be covered with them (for some reason nationwide changed sleds to ride and rev and you had to be 16 to be covered) and I now have the house the wife trailblazer and two 4x4 trucks ram and F150 (mine and my sons) my sled trailer and 4 sleds all with full coverage of 300/500 for 1780. a year. Almost wish I had changed years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I understand the gecko and progressive do well with powersports insurance.

Personally, my insurance comes from the same place as my paycheck :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
We use "American National Property and Casualty" (ANPAC) through an independent agent for everything, and liability on my '02 ZR600 EFI is $93 a year. I'm 41 married, kids etc.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I use allstate, 200 a year full collision 100 deductable on a 07 f8 sp, Im 38 clean license and credit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Liberty Mutual. Full coverage on a zrt600 and zr800 for $15 a month. I have my cars and house with them to. Could save a couple bucks on the cars, but not enough to make up for the sled rate they give me.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
It all depends on where you are as well. I had the gecko last year and it was 90 for liability, but some places I've called won't even write the sled, either there no certified in my state or they just don't cover New England. The best bet is to look to your insurance you have now for the best savings.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I have allstate to full coverage on 05s/c700,02zr600,96cougerw/new580(rebuilt) and guest liability,and rider for accessories(risers,picks,skis,aftermarketshocks)
05-192$,02-84$96-75,$ per year I also put a rider on my 4-place enclosed trailer for full replacement value
at 188$ per year

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
just the trailer. if a d$#k wants it more than me or someone hits it and takes off or I do something stupid its covered. most auto ins policies cover the trailer if you cause the damge to something (car,lightpole,etc)you would have to pay to repair or worst replace the trailer.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
sorry to get off your question but I would call around first to your auto,house ins then try different agents w/your same ins company thats how the agents make their money ,your agent maybe charging you 200$
different guy 180$ ask for a multipolicy discount too...

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBlackCat @ Nov 19 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just the trailer. if a d$#k wants it more than me or someone hits it and takes off or I do something stupid its covered. most auto ins policies cover the trailer if you cause the damge to something (car,lightpole,etc)you would have to pay to repair or worst replace the trailer.[/b]

Granite it my trailer is a 16' v nose, but I have it covered for anything weather its my fault or someone else with replacement val. and its only $22.00 a year. Now that's on the same policies as the house/vech. /sleds, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBlackCat @ Nov 19 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sorry to get off your question but I would call around first to your auto,house ins then try different agents w/your same ins company thats how the agents make their money ,your agent maybe charging you 200$
different guy 180$ ask for a multipolicy discount too...[/b]
It doesn't quite work like that.... insurance companies have a commission structure for their agency force. Depending on the company the agents either can or will not quote a policy with the same company. (Some companys' agency forces are more cut-throat but the company will still not knowingly give two agents two different prices.) This is especially true for personal lines (home/auto/etc) insurance as these lines are much more regulated by state insurance departments.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
ok but when my old allstate agent retired and his partner took over (who Ididnt like) I switch to adifferent agent all my policies went down w/out changing anything,deductabiles or dropping anything. this was about 10 yrs ago

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Even if the agent has a cut in their commission rate (for being a bad boy) this still does not affect the premium charged to the customer. The new agent probably unstacked your UM/UIM or gave you limited tort or something.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
that could be what he did all I can tell you is every thing went down house,boat,sleds,andtrucks.andthe rider ffor my trailer and a rider for my detatched garge...

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I am totally surprised that my company (Bell Air Direct) in Canada actually took my 09 CFR8. Thats a "black list" sled. I had already talked them into insuring my 95 ZR700 last year , another black listed sled. I think what helped was a clean driving record, and also have several vehicles on and my house.. 3 grand a year for the works. My agent really went out of his way to help me and it took him around a week to get the 09 on the policy.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
500 is what i pay with Bell Air for the CFR.. The 3000 is the total for my Mustang GT, F150, Zr700, CFR8.. Too much IMO still...

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Progressive offers ATV, power boat among others and it's reasonable.
USAA has started to use them; (just in case your ex military go to www.usaa.com and check out the deals...)

Progressive is cheaper if you've come from USAA to them but, I'm not sure on how much cheaper it is just going there from a cold call.

If you are ex mil, try usaa for home, auto and get the discount there, then go to progressive - get a usaa discount there... ;)

-- Use to have the boat insurance, now I have no boat but it was like $273 a year for 15 grand worth.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts