Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined so Hello fellow Arctic Cat riders. Just purchased 2007 400 4x4, previous owner recently replaced battery and the digital display has malfunctioned since. This is the FIS model, or so I guess after looking through the manual. Display lights up but everything in it is on. Any way to reset??

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Just joined so Hello fellow Arctic Cat riders. Just purchased 2007 400 4x4, previous owner recently replaced battery and the digital display has malfunctioned since. This is the FIS model, or so I guess after looking through the manual. Display lights up but everything in it is on. Any way to reset??
You can try disconnecting both cables from the battery and shorting the two cable ends together or disconnect one cable and short to the other cable for a few minutes. Maybe 5 minutes or so. Also reported just disconnection of one of the battery cables from the the battery over night with out shorting cable together works too .

I'm thinking the computer chip program built into the display responsible for time and display functions gets fubared and a long power off will sometimes reboot/restart it. The problem or dead display usually happens following jump starting from an running automobile or from jump starting from a high voltage un-regulated high amperage start boost battery charger of suspect quality I.E. Poorly made low cost Chinese brands??????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worthy: thanks. I will try each suggestion until one of them works. I knew there must be some way to reset.
Good riding to you and yours!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instrument panel reset

This is 2007 400 4x4.
:angry:I tried disconnecting both battery cables and shorting them together and left them overnight. Instrument panel still not operating. The entire display stays on all the time or toggles between two screens.

·
Administrator
36,336 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dont be surprised if you find some wires rubbed through along the frame and where the harness goes over the frame from the fuse box. This is a common problem on cats, I've fixed several machines with your same problem and it has always been a bad wire that effects the pod. Good luck and happy hunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no good.

Thanks for the link on how to waterproof the POD and I will do this when I have solved the problem. What I have is part number 0420-070 Medallion minicluster that is malfunctioning since new battery was installed. The backlight is lit, ALL gauges are lit all the time then it blinks to another display then back. That is all it does. HELP!! Surely there is a fix. :wacko:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and is there another part number that can be used in this one's place?? Looks like I will have to replace it so I would like to know if there are any replacements for p/n 0420-070? Ty.

·
Administrator
36,336 Posts
Are you sure all the wires are hooked up correctly when you changed your battery? Go to any dealer website or country cat and use their parts fiche and you can cross reference all the years and part numbers. I might have one ill check

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The battery was replaced by the previous owner who says the display was fine until he put the new battery in. I have tried shorting the cables together, pulling to 30 amp, main fuse and disconnecting the cables for 10 min. And the 15 amp acc. Fuse is good. I dunno

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike only has around 50 hours so rubbed wires although not impossible, are not likely. I have done some searching though and there is not even any dirt on the harness. I will continue looking. thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The battery may have gotten hooked up backwards. Either way that display most likely is shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try disconnecting both cables from the battery and shorting the two cable ends together or disconnect one cable and short to the other cable for a few minutes. Maybe 5 minutes or so. Also reported just disconnection of one of the battery cables from the the battery over night with out shorting cable together works too .

I'm thinking the computer chip program built into the display responsible for time and display functions gets fubared and a long power off will sometimes reboot/restart it. The problem or dead display usually happens following jump starting from an running automobile or from jump starting from a high voltage un-regulated high amperage start boost battery charger of suspect quality I.E. Poorly made low cost Chinese brands??????
This fixed my display. 2013 400 Core 4x4. After jump starting, the read out went blank (no numbers or letters) but the display was still backlit. I disconnected the battery positive and negative and held them together for a few seconds (20-30). After connecting back to battery and turning key on, the display functioned properly. Thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts