Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got done installing a DAJ on a 2006 V2. I previously re-jetted with the Dynojet kit and the muffler and air filter are stock. The main jet on the Dynojet below 3000 feet is 118. With the DAJ on the middle stock position, I went down to a 114 and it ran way too rich. Then I went down to a 110 main jet leaving the DAJ in the middle position and she ran perfect, leaving me full adjustabilty. I offer this trial and error to anyone installing with similar conditions as mine. A pain to install for sure, but a good upgrade over the long run.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ary26 @ Jun 18 2007, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just got done installing a DAJ on a 2006 V2. I previously re-jetted with the Dynojet kit and the muffler and air filter are stock. The main jet on the Dynojet below 3000 feet is 118. With the DAJ on the middle stock position, I went down to a 114 and it ran way to rich. Then I went down to a 110 main jet leaving the DAJ in the middle position and she ran perfect, leaving me full adjustabilty. I offer this trial and error to anyone installing with similar conditions as mine. A pain to install for sure, but a good upgrade over the long run.[/b]

Wow, I wouldn't have thought you would have to go that low. Great that it is running good though!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Walt,
I didn't think I'd have to go that low either! Must be because it has the stock muffler and air filter/box and it enrichens the fuel substantially (like they say). I didn't move the DAJ setting away from the middle so I would have full adjustability as well. Since changing the main jets it so easy I messed with them instead of turning the dial to tune.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have to have a lean condition to use the Dial-a- jet ? I read all the info on the site and I couldn't find anything that says so? I was always told most Atvs were a little on the lean side from the factory. I'm looking to upgrade the filter and pipe in a couple of months and this just seems easier that digging into the carb to change jets.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
sorry for the thread revival..

has anyone on here used the dial a jet on the 500 auto?...Im very interested, but cant find anything other then this when I do a search?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If possible can the pics on the first page be revived? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gatorjohn @ Jan 22 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If possible can the pics on the first page be revived? Thanks.[/b]

I don't have the pics anymore as I thought they would be on here for good. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
As you can tell i have a 2007 650 H1. And have a few questions about the Dial-a-Jet. I am 90% completed with the intake snorkel for my cat, and i can tell that it studders sometimes, ecspecially right on start up. It is because it is running lean correct? I am thinking about doing the SA mod but when working around the yard or driving around neighbors i would like to leave the SA in so im not so annoying to others. So theoratically if i intstall the Dial a Jet as is (with SA in) i would probably have it on setting 2 or so to compensate for the snorkel and if i took out the SA i would maybe put the DaJ on setting 4 or something. Am i somewhat correct with my thinking here? I do not know much about carbs so i would rather not tear into mine, so the DaJ seems like a good alternative. Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
any long term updates on how there dial a jets are working

41 - 52 of 52 Posts