Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1st pic shows where you remove the fuel bowl drain bolts, let it drain 1st.

The 2nd pic shows the 1st one installed. The kit comes with a long Hollow tube and you just put it up to the boot, twist and push and it cuts a nice hole where the tube should go in. Then just button it down to the bottom of the air box so it doesn't move.

The 3rd pic shows where the fuel supply comes from. They supply a special adapter tube that screws into where you took the drain bolts out of. Torque it just snug so you don't strip the threads (brass).

The 4th pic shows both of them installed with the fuel lines put on. Drill 2- 5/16" holes in the bottom of the box. They supply 2 grommets to put in, then the fuel line slips through and connects to the Dial-A-Jet and to the adapter in 3rd pic.

The 5th pic shows where the fuel line comes out of the box and connects to the carbs (pic 3).

The 6th pic shows the snorkle boot on the right hand side Dial-A-Jet. It just slides over then a rubber o ring stretches over it and keeps it air tight. (Make sure you do your initial setting before you put the boot on at this point)

The 7th pic shows the clear tube attached and going to the side of the air box. You drill 2-7/16" holes here and it also has 2 rubber grommets supplied. Once the grommets are in, slide in the 2-nylon 90° into the grommet (supplied). Then attach the clear hose (supplied) to the 90° inside the air box and to the Dial-A-Jet. At this point you are done with the inside, except for cleaning the inside out (shop vac works good).

The 8th pic shows where the clear hose attaches to the outside of the air box and where it is routed. I did mine up underneath the pod, as there are many options for this. Do not put it near any air suction or exhaust (as in snorkle intake or belt exhaust)

That is pretty much it. I started with stock jetting (122 Kehin front and back) Full 2" snorkle and set it one notch away from full rich. It runs great at any RPM, but I will mess with it this weekend and find out if there is any better setting. I did a full speed run and it didn't miss a beat at all. With stock jetting and opened up to full 2", I could barely crack the throttle and it would pop (lean) before I installed this and now it is totally different. Total shipped to my door with the snorkle option (which you have to have for the V-twin anyway) was $148.85....maybe a little pricey, but if you want a perfect setup that is easily adjustable, then here you go. It definately takes all the guesswork out of the jetting process. The biggest advantage is if you ride vastly different elevations, just a couple of clicks and your jetted for it. Very easy to install with basic tools, and 5/16" and 7/16" drill bits. I hope I helped everyone just a little bit it finding out how they look, install, and run with the Cat.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey cool, my first pin!! A couple of people showed some interest in seeing it, so I figured I would take some pics while doing it. I can't wait for the weekend to play with it a bit in the daylight and terrorize the neighborhood on full throttle runs!! I bet I can get it better than what I have it set at, but it will be a little trial and error. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Great topic Walt thumbguy now I can install mine.I've had them for almost a year and never used them.Did you notice any performance gains???This is great!! I love it!!! :D

DAN :chug:

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only took it for 1 WOT run....I will toy with it this week end and post the results. It is at the very least slightly ahead of it before I did it.....maybe more after this weekend.

·
Registered
782 Posts
NICE let us know something!!! This has me excited as i was afraid to do the 2" snorks as i am not really comfortable with the jetting and needle selection. Looks like this is the perfect fix COOL!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice write up...
How does it to compare to the dyno jet kit?Looks easier to install..Also where can you buy a Dial-A-Jet at online? I might just give it a try..

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't find any sites for online sales. Here is the link for the info to order though. Might be an exclusive item. I think it was easier than jetting honestly.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Excellent post Walt thumbguy very good detail and nice pics. I will be looking to order one to try also, just need to find a canadian supplier, hopefully not too expensive here. Again, geat job and keep us posted on your trial runs.

GG :chug:

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a few miles on it today in the different settings (5 in all) I got as lean as the #2 setting and it really wasn't enough. #3 was better but I knew #4 was better as that is where I guessed I would be and had it at that setting to start with the other night. I set it on #5 as it is only going to get colder as it was in the 20's most of the day. I figure I can drop back to #4 or maybe even #3 when spring/summer hits. The power is really great. No stumbling or hesitation at all, in fact now that I don't have a slight hesitation it will come up in high range without a problem at all and very quickly where before it would come up but only after the rpm's came into it a bit (like 5 or 6'). The high rpms are no problem at all either and the plugs were perfect at setting #4, but like I said it will be getting colder and I will just keep track when it warms up so I will leave it on #5 (full rich) until the end of winter, maybe back it off to #4 when say 45° stays constant (gonna be a while). Since I unhooked the choke and put my hand over the snorkle to start, it starts a lot better too and I doubt I will be running in any colder weather than what we had today, maybe down to 10°.

In a nutshell I love what they did and would do it again in a heartbeat. I love the ease of tuning it. I left the air box cover (the part with the storage lid on it) off and when I wanted to change it I just unsnapped the air box and took a screwdriver to it (about 2 minutes total) It doesn't get any easier than that!! thumbguy

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thats great news Walt...if I ever get my machine back im gonna install mine.Id like to know more about the hand over the snorkel no choke trick.If I could toss my choke in the garbage and still ride I would be a happy man thumbguy

DAN :chug:

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess it would be considered a "real choke" compared to an enrichener. A little PIA as you have to cover, open, cover until it is a stable idle.....no more than say 15 seconds, but it sure beats wondering if your choke is sticking. I kinda stumbled on to it because I put the 1" spacer mod under the bars. Well when I turned it would operate the choke.....unhooked it.....no more problems. Now I'm leaving it off since I have proven I can do without.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
Great write up, when I snorkel my Cat I think I'll install the dial-a-jet too! Not worthy:

·
Registered
569 Posts
modn-It says you have to order the snorkel as well. What does the snorkel consist of?

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really easy to put in as you have to have it with the v-2 airbox setup. Makes sense though as it wouldn't work with the air pressure/vacuum in the air box.

·
Registered
655 Posts
does anyone know how much the dial-a-jets are?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Total shipped to my door with the snorkle option (which you have to have for the V-twin anyway) was $148.85. For the singles....$74.95+$9.95 for the snorkle kit + shipping. Go here for full info

1 - 20 of 52 Posts