Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on arctic chat, but i'm actually posting for a friend. He has an 04 Zr 900 standard with diamond drive, he recently ordered an airwave suspension, it should be arriving any day now. I was wondering if anyone out there has made this swap, and if so what problems might exist, such as the diamond drive, fabrication,etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I am once again absolutely no help, all I ask is that you take some pics.

I think there will be some interest in the project and a good ride report.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I think you're going to have to wait for the suspension and instructions to arrive from Fast to answer any questions. The drive shaft and related pieces should not have any impact on the suspension installation and you can expect some fabrication. My understanding is the M10 does not mount in the factory holes, therefore, they supply a template and tunnel reinforcing plates for the specific sled you are installing in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The suspension will come with a universal mounting kit and instructions. Just make sure you measure everything twice before drilling the holes and installing the mounting kit. The fit is tight, so it may take some time to get the suspension in. I found it easiest to keep the limiter strap and upper shock mounts disconnected until you get the arms bolted in. Then bolt in the upper shock eyes and then the limiter strap. Not a bad job, just some drilling out of the stock mounting plates and riviting of the new plates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts