Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i need to install the 12V DC adapter to run my GPS. I have a friend thats into the electronics but knows nothing about sleds. Can somebody give me a step by step of what to do.
Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your sled makes AC voltage, unless it is electric start and then you could tap into the battery. If your friend is good with electronics, then he should be able to work something up for you. As an over view you will need a full bridge rectifier, a 12vdc regulator, some cap for filtering out the harmonic generated by the rectifier and regulator and some larger caps to keep the voltage stable as the load and source voltage changes. Make sure the ICs are all size to handle the load; 1 to 2 amps should be good. All in all it’s less then $5.00 at radio shack. For the actual schematic, do a search; there were post around this time last year. If you need a 3vdc power supply I can post that for you.

Dane

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saber500 @ Jan 1 2007, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Guys, i need to install the 12V DC adapter to run my GPS. I have a friend thats into the electronics but knows nothing about sleds. Can somebody give me a step by step of what to do.
Thanks[/b]
Here is a 'How to build your own AC to DC rectifire' diagrams. Easy for your handy freind with a solder iron and cheap for you.

clickie for details http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...st&p=216341

1 - 3 of 3 Posts