Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 xfire 7 seems to use alot of injection oil. How do you know if it is set right? Is it a pain in the ass to adjust? I dunno

·
Registered
15 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rpierce1212 @ Nov 21 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My 2006 xfire 7 seems to use alot of injection oil. How do you know if it is set right? Is it a pain in the ass to adjust? I dunno[/b]
That isn't surprising...most of the '06s were set to run heavy on the oil from the factory. You can see how much you are using simply by filling the gas tank and oil reservoir all the way, riding for 100 miles or so and then refill the gas tank and oil reservoir again keeping track of how much you add. Do the math and you know your consumption. I would aim for somewhere around 45:1 to 50:1. It a little bit of a pain to adjust since you have to tip the sled on its side...get a service manual and it will tell you how. Make small adjustments and then recalculate...you don't want to lean it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (birkato @ Nov 21 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rpierce1212 @ Nov 21 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 2006 xfire 7 seems to use alot of injection oil. How do you know if it is set right? Is it a pain in the ass to adjust? I dunno[/b]
That isn't surprising...most of the '06s were set to run heavy on the oil from the factory. You can see how much you are using simply by filling the gas tank and oil reservoir all the way, riding for 100 miles or so and then refill the gas tank and oil reservoir again keeping track of how much you add. Do the math and you know your consumption. I would aim for somewhere around 45:1 to 50:1. It a little bit of a pain to adjust since you have to tip the sled on its side...get a service manual and it will tell you how. Make small adjustments and then recalculate...you don't want to lean it out.
[/b][/quote]

I read somewhere that these sleds were supposed to be 100:1. Is that true?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well if you like to rebuild your motor every ride you could give it a try :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts