Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance either pics or a how to on snorkeling my 2007 700 efi. I was out for a sunday tour with my buddy, him on his 06 500m we were doing a little creek runing when it got deep quick on him and swamped it and 2 hours and driaing a battery and half we got it runing and limped back to the trailer. Right then and there made up my mind im snorkeling my 700 just incase. So can i snorkel it and will it effect the way it runs or will the efi mess up on it. also how many hoses do i need and how many to come out of the top. What size of pvc and all that do i need and whats the best way to do it. Oh another question i was in a mud hole and i had it in low and 4 wheel drive with the diff lock on and it started to make like a grind slip noise is this normal or should i get it looked at. Thanks guys i just dont wanna water log my motor or anything.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well it definatly is not easy to snorkle the 700 if you want all the pipes to come out the front. There have been posts on here of guys going with 1 1/2 inch pipe from the belt exhaust running it to the front. THIS DOES NOT WORK. trust me i have tried it. it took about 20 miles and my belt was overheating and sliping when punching the throttle. and it wasnt even warm outside like 35 degrees f. for the last year i have gone with a hidden snorkles for the engine air intake and belt intake, both are 2 in and run up under the pod, and for the belt exhaust i have run 2 1/2 inch out the back of the bike which is easy but not the best if you like doing water wheelies. This setup has worked well for me but if anybody has a way to snorkle the belt exhaust to the front let is know.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Well it definatly is not easy to snorkle the 700 if you want all the pipes to come out the front.[/b]
I would disagree. I snorkeled my H1 (same frame, plastics and setup, different engine) and it was cakewalk. I came up through the front plastics. Just depends on your capabilities and confidence. We all have different levels of both.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Total different setup on the H1's tranny belt exhaust. The belt exhaust on the 700 is behind the seat, between the gas tank and fender. It is difficult to run the snorkel all the way under the engine to the front. It takes a lot of time and effort because you have to remove all the plastics then route the pvc. There are NO after market kits for this either.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
ahhhhh...didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, those tend to be a PITA. I didn't snorkel my belt exhaust, but then again I'm not going in the deep crud either.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I just got done with snorkeling the air intake on my 05 H1...............that was easy....................but moving the rad was another PITA..........and having to snorkel it from behing the seat.............well glad I didn't have to go there............. bang your head

·
Registered
61 Posts
i havent ran snorks on my 700 yet but have seen them ran with 2" PVC. tranny exhaust was ran on left side (if sitting on machine) although you have to heat a pipe to mold PVC around egine case. and it still fits behind the plastic. tranny exhaust and intake was ran outside of frame all the way up. intake was ran on rightside (if sitting on machine) had to cut one bar on the rack but the snorkles fit 3 side by side.

·
Registered
300 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Apr 21 2007, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Well it definatly is not easy to snorkle the 700 if you want all the pipes to come out the front.[/b]
I would disagree. I snorkeled my H1 (same frame, plastics and setup, different engine) and it was cakewalk. I came up through the front plastics. Just depends on your capabilities and confidence. We all have different levels of both.
[/b][/quote]

Well sanny i am a licensed automotive tech so my capabilities are pretty good. The H1 tranny has the belt exhaust coming out in a different area then the 700.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rodie427 @ Apr 20 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it definatly is not easy to snorkle the 700 if you want all the pipes to come out the front. There have been posts on here of guys going with 1 1/2 inch pipe from the belt exhaust running it to the front. THIS DOES NOT WORK. trust me i have tried it.[/b]

sorry sir, but you are wrong.... quite a bold post as well IMO. saying this does not work!, is kind of like just saying "i gave up" anything can be done as long as you have the tools and the time( and mabye some know how) i have 1.5" sch 40 pvc all the way on my 700 it looks hard but it's not that bad. i will shoot some pics later but a believe a few of you have seen them..

and jay t, the spot where the exhaust comes out of the tranny casing is darn near in the same spot. just the cheesy plastic snorks are different..

any of you running bigger pipe than 1.5 it is not a good idea to snork the tranny with 2 or 2.5 in pipe because you are loosing CFM. bigger pipe means less air flow so your not moving as much air to pass by the belt

i'll get some pics up for you fellas later...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have some pics in my photobucket of mine...I was one of the first to fully snork a 700 on the boards...

Anyway, I went with 2" all the way around with zero problems getting the belt exhaust back to the front and out. I have 400 miles on 29.5s and no hiccups from the belt system.

six-ohh...I partially disagree with you on the size of the tubing. That is like saying that when snorkling a motor, you would get more power out of a "longer" 1.5" pipe than a "shorter" 3" pipe. Everyone knows that is simply not true. Your statement only holds true on the belt exhaust, when the air is being "pushed" thus you are correct(think a waterhose nozzle). However in the "sucking" of air in the intake, bigger, with less bends is always better IMO...

Still not saying it won't work just fine either way...

Mine is tranny exhaust left, air intake center, belt intake right...

·
Registered
551 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jwol @ Apr 26 2007, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have some pics in my photobucket of mine...I was one of the first to fully snork a 700 on the boards...[/b]

What's your photobucket link?

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nope, didn't work...

·
Registered
300 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (six-ohh @ Apr 26 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rodie427 @ Apr 20 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it definatly is not easy to snorkle the 700 if you want all the pipes to come out the front. There have been posts on here of guys going with 1 1/2 inch pipe from the belt exhaust running it to the front. THIS DOES NOT WORK. trust me i have tried it.[/b]

sorry sir, but you are wrong.... quite a bold post as well IMO. saying this does not work!, is kind of like just saying "i gave up" anything can be done as long as you have the tools and the time( and mabye some know how) i have 1.5" sch 40 pvc all the way on my 700 it looks hard but it's not that bad. i will shoot some pics later but a believe a few of you have seen them..

[/b][/quote]

you obviously didnt read everything i said. It works well but the belt exhaust tempature is too hot. and you will overheat your clutches.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts