Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been out plowing snow since 4am , just cruzin along and slowing down and it died needle sweeping efi
checked the code with cats little tool got an sc13 ,,for the life of me i cant think and cant find my data sheet.
im thinking coolant temp senser or tps, anyone have an idea

been keeping my eyes on that intake boot seems solid cant see any cracks etc

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well according to cats service codes sc 13 on an h1 is air pressure senser on an h2 its a map senser
anyone know where its located airbox or throttle body

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow im suprised no one has ever run into, in any case i got the code info i needed on code sc13.
did the flow chart test on the harness and tested the senser ,come to find out it was an o ring leaking
just when i thought i seen it all, in any cast 45 min worth testing and shes fixed back on track.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
hey nick i had the same exact problem yesterday!!! bike was running good,,then it stumbled a few instances and started flashing "efi",,i let it sit a few,,,and then it went away...didnt have that tool to get the codes though

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvercat420 @ Dec 21 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey nick i had the same exact problem yesterday!!! bike was running good,,then it stumbled a few instances and started flashing "efi",,i let it sit a few,,,and then it went away...didnt have that tool to get the codes though[/b]
thats the same thing mine started to do^^^ early in the am by noon time it wasnt happy so i decided to take it home and get a better look, im thinking a loose intake boot would do the same thing.
the problem was the o -ring split on the map senser allowing air to leak by and cause the voltage of the map to go up from 1.5v to 2.0 in english it made it run rich.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvercat420 @ Dec 21 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey nick i had the same exact problem yesterday!!! bike was running good,,then it stumbled a few instances and started flashing "efi",,i let it sit a few,,,and then it went away...didnt have that tool to get the codes though[/b]
You don't need a tool, a paper clip will work. The pictures in the service manual are clear enough to show what two wires need to be shorted together to enable the code display on the instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Air pressure sensor is on the airbox on my bike. Mine wont run if it becomes loose..i put to much dielectric grease once and i had to unplug it and push it togther harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts