Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
19,796 Posts
That sheeve in the pictures is from a 1996 Bearcat and has the short towers.
I purchased a brand new 1998 bearcat secondary and bearcat primary set back in 1999 for use on my own ZR440.

The pre-1998 bearcats were TALL TOWERED and were BUTTON TYPE.

Like mentioned by 660catman, the BC secondary that was on your SX700 is indeed an older BC secondary, possibly as late as a 1997 model year unit, but definitely not a 1998 or later model.

·
Administrator
19,796 Posts
One other thought (memory actually) here, contact Lennco Performance, and see if they still offer their extension adaptor kits for making a 1998-2006 model secondary clutch sheaves, compatible with the pre-1998’s.

They did offer a kit that had lengthening posts that were loctited onto the shorter stubs that you now have.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I ordered the #1 from this page: https://www.arcticcatpartshouse.com/oemparts/a/arc/54dccfa587a8652158e2f405/driven-clutch (but ordered it through Arctic Cat with the part number 0748-607)

Is this not the right part?

And that’s what I would have ordered too. It’s still a valid number on Cats parts site and country cats site too. They usually always note whether part is superseded. And you would think if it was, it should note additional parts required for pre 98 applications.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
And that’s what I would have ordered too. It’s still a valid number on Cats parts site and country cats site too. They usually always note whether part is superseded. And you would think if it was, it should note additional parts required for pre 98 applications.
I just noticed that the box with the new sheave came with a roller cap. I'm wondering if they are just sending these two parts to anyone ordering this part to convert to a roller secondary? If so, can I still use the same helix?

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Yes, C-note indicated that in an earlier post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, C-note indicated that in an earlier post.
Ah, indeed that works! Just put it back together and did a few rips through my back yard. Pulls hard! Won't know for sure if I have the setup totally correct until I get some snow again to see what the top end is doing.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Great to hear. Pray for snow and have fun!

·
Administrator
19,796 Posts
BTW..... stock pipe/engine combo on that sled likes between 8200-8250 rpms at WOT. 8250 is what I’d rate as the “ideal” rpm for this model sled, just sayin’.

VERIFIED through testing several seasons ago. As r’s begin to creep above that, the peak mph begins to drop off (8300 (+50 rpm’s!!) cost the guy a solid 1.0 mph off his prior high mph mark achieved at the 8250 rpm mark)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
BTW..... stock pipe/engine combo on that sled likes between 8200-8250 rpms at WOT. 8250 is what I’d rate as the “ideal” rpm for this model sled, just sayin’.

VERIFIED through testing several seasons ago. As r’s begin to creep above that, the peak mph begins to drop off (8300 (+50 rpm’s!!) cost the guy a solid 1.0 mph off his prior high mph mark achieved at the 8250 rpm mark)
Thanks, I'm actually running a set of AAEN triple pipes and shooting for around 9000 rpm.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
4 Participants
gabbett1
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing