Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Well after many years I have a rekindled love for my 94 ZR580 again. I did the aglt and tsl skid job a few years ago with great success but then after 6000 miles the engine failed. Piston pin broke causing piston and cylinder failure. I tore engine to bare block and rebuilt with new cylinders as well. Minor polishing job with minor cutting of the cylinder head hight. I disassembled the carbs to nothing and treated in a cleaning solution just for carburetors and rebuilt. Along with a proper sync job. Serviced the clutches (prior sled shop did a very poor job) and got them working right. Found almost all the rivets pulled out of chassis, replaced with longer steel rivets for more strength. Long story short this thing is awesome!!! It runs smoother, the carbs are 95% spot on (never like that before always had a huge off idle bog) and the chassis is tight. Friends said I should have bought a newer sled. The hell with that I was keeping up just fine with newer yamaha's, ski doos and polaris's over the weekend and I haven't gotten on it too hard as I want to break it in more yet but wholly crap just hang on. Even moved my handlebars up and forward and replaced with MX style bars. I'll have to get some pics up. Happy riding all.Cat happy Rockerdude

·
5,963 Posts
Rockerdude. I like these kind of Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know the feeling. I have had old sleds and have not been in the mood of riding the last 6-8 years. Had a friend mention he had a 2000 zr600 he was selling and gave me a good price on it so I bought it. Now I have got the bug to ride again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts